Sales Associate (Experienced)
- Irvine, CA
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Beyond producing high quality loans, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. With offices in New York, California, Charlotte, and Gurgaon, we are rapidly growing in order to deliver a delightful borrower experience through a combination of technology and people. At better.com, you will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team and you will play a meaningful role in delivering on the Better mission!
From the beginning of our customer’s homeownership journey, our sales team serves as the primary point of contact from the initial application and exploration stage until their loan is locked in. Our sales organization is a diverse team of Customer Experience Associates (entry), Loan Consultant Associates (mid-level), and Loan Consultants (advanced). All roles are equally crucial to the success of the organization.
As a Loan Consultant Associate (LCA), your focus will be in both sales and customer experience. Our LCA's are the first point of contact with the customers once they fill out an application. Their role requires them to serve as a liaison between Better and our customers to determine their needs, qualifications, and recommend the right loan products to help meet their goal. The homeownership journey is not easy, so we expect our LCAs to be empathetic and compassionate to help guide our customers through the process. You will be engaging with potential customers (warm leads) that have an intent to explore with us via phone calls, emails and text messaging. Finally, in this role, there is the opportunity to expand your knowledge not only in the mortgage industry, but also in various sales strategies. Success is when our customers walk away with the best rate, and a wonderful customer experience.
Note: This role may require some weekend availability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Getting on the phone and interacting with interested prospective customers
- Working with our sales teams to build a pipeline of customers
- Educating customers on the process of buying a home and partnering with them to make it happen
- Taking a consultative approach in helping customers overcome issues and achieve their goals
- Providing the best customer experience possible, which in turn will help you convert potential customers to Better customers
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios
- Enthusiastic about ensuring a phenomenal consumer experience
- Self-motivated, driven against your own personal goals
- A go-getter, scrappy & creative problem solver
- High degree of personal integrity and work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Back to top