- Oakland, CA
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Beyond producing high quality loans, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. With offices in New York, California, Charlotte, and Gurgaon, we are quickly expanding in order to deliver a delightful borrower experience through a combination of technology and people. In joining our team, you will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team and you will play a critical role in delivering on the Better mission.
Better.com is looking for motivated individuals to join our mortgage operations team. Our mortgage operations department is a dynamic team of Processing Expert Associates, Processing Experts, Mortgage Underwriters, and Closing Experts. This team owns the majority of the customer journey from application review to underwriting, and all the way to funding and closing the loan. This team is responsible for building, verifying, and approving all home loans while providing transparent and consistent service and support for our customers. Our Operations Associates share and manage a pipeline of loans across our mortgage operations team, utilizing our proprietary platform to collect, verify, and prepare documents to satisfy borrower files at every step of the loan cycle. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized communicator, capable of making sound decisions while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment. We are happy to speak with you about whichever operations role is the best fit based on your experience!
Responsibilities will include:
- Being available as the main point of contact to guide our customers through the required steps to produce and fund their mortgage
- Preparing and reviewing financial information and documentation with particular attention to detail
- Working with internal teams and third parties to ensure a smooth efficient loan process for our borrowers
- Organizing and managing a pipeline of loans with our advanced full stack mortgage platform.
- Coming up with and driving initiatives for how we can improve our customer experience - we value your feedback!
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
- Interest in financial services and capable of learning technology quickly
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Approach work with empathy, humility and accountability.
- Collaborate with teams to constantly rethink and improve our processes and borrower experience
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Back to top