Compliance Associate, Internal Audit
- New York, NY
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
The Compliance team at Better is expanding just as rapidly as every other area in the company! We are looking for a hardworking, curious, and data-driven associate to join the Internal Audit Department. This team measures the risk of the company from a regulatory compliance perspective and gauges what remediation steps, if any, could be taken to fortify our company processes. This role will include diving into and interpreting data into meaningful reports for our internal teams as well as investors and other third parties. Additionally, as this function grows, new measures and audits will need to be built and reported on.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide valuable insights using data-based analytics to help identify and resolve issues relating to all areas of the business
- Provide key business analytics to help optimize for existing business verticals
- Assist with monthly audit data analysis
- Study the existing system with the aim of understanding the business process and to identify the shortcomings
- Assist in preparing and distributing reports for both internal and external partners
- Understanding the Risk, End User, Integration, UI, Error/bugs of an online mortgage lender
- Prepare detailed specification documents to communicate the functional and technical requirements relevant departments or groups
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in any field
- Proficiency in SQL
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Superb communication skills/presentation skills
- Ability to keep up with a fast-paced company, industry, and department
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Back to top