VP of Customer Success | NYC
BetterCloud is the first SaaS Operations Management platform, empowering IT to define, remediate, and enforce management and security policies for SaaS applications. Over 2,500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud for continuous event monitoring, quickly remediating threats, and fully automating policy enforcement. BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with presence in Atlanta and SF.
Named one of Forbes’ Billion Dollar Startups in 2017, BetterCloud is looking for a VP of Customer Success. The VP of Success will be responsible for all post-sales retention, growth, and value initiatives for BetterCloud’s customer base. With a constantly growing and innovating platform, the Success team is responsible for helping guide customers to their desired outcome, while coaching them through adoption of our latest functionality. Through the adoption of our new platform, the Success team is responsible for customer growth, retention, and renewal throughout the customer lifecycle.
Our new VP of Customer Success will be crucial in driving Customer Success as a core principle throughout both internal and external customers.. We will be looking to this person to bring years of experience scaling a Customer Success organization and a strong track record of hitting both revenue and adoption related goals. The candidate should be a strategic thinker and seller, problem solver and comfortable operating with a larger customer base. Attention to detail and situational leadership is paramount to success.
As the VP of Customer Success, you will be responsible for bringing strategic vision to the business and identifying new and innovative approaches to customer retention and growth strategies optimized for each customer segment. You will be responsible for operational excellence, defining KPI’s, driving measurement and performance to deliver customer satisfaction in the most efficient and effective way. You will also focus on maximizing upsell opportunities by engaging with Sales, Product Management, Support, and Implementation, as necessary.
- Drive revenue growth from within the BetterCloud customer base through increased renewal rates, upsells and expansion.
- Create and implement effective strategies to reduce customer churn and increase broader product adoption across the customer base.
- Optimize the customer lifecycle through the creation and fine-tuning of segment specific touchpoints, journey maps, and usage/health data.
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores
- Scale and grow the Customer Success team from hiring top-class individual contributors, enhancing onboarding of new hires, through developing continuous learning and training of existing team members.
- Foster the culture of Customer Success across the company via cross-team alignment with Marketing, Product, Support, Sales, Data, and more to ensure BetterCloud remains and grows it’s customer first mentality.
Qualifications | Required
- 5+ years leading either the Customer Success or Account Management team at a SaaS organization, with demonstrated results in driving customer revenue and retention.
- Background with both sales and post-sales experience.
- Hands-on, practical experience negotiating large expansion contracts.
- Focus on customers of all sizes ranging from 100 to 100,000 employees.
- Experience implementing and measuring operational metrics, and using data to make informed business decisions.
- Balanced empathy for customers with passion for revenue growth and understanding of value drivers.
- Understanding of other post-sales teams (implementation, support, training) and how they work with Customer Success.
- Analytical and process oriented mind-set.
- Experience selling into IT is a plus.
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
Meet Some of BetterCloud's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Valeria operates on the front lines as a customer’s first point of contact. She educates prospects on what the team does to help align client goals with BetterCloud.
Back to top