Technology Alliance Manager
BetterCloud is pioneering the SaaS Operations Management market. As the leader in this market, BetterCloud’s platform empowers IT to define, remediate, and enforce management and security policies for SaaS applications. Over 2500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud for continuous event monitoring, quickly remediating threats, and fully automating policy enforcement. This role will sit in San Francisco.
We are looking for an individual to lead our efforts with strategic ISV technology partners to accelerate the business through this ecosystem. The objective is to own the charter of building pipeline via co-selling efforts with our strategic ISV technology partners (Okta, Google, Dropbox, Box, Salesforce, Splunk, VMware, ServiceNow, etc) on a worldwide basis. The individual will be responsible to work with our marketing and sales teams and the partner go-to-market teams to build out joint go-to-market plans, execute on revenue generating activities, and manage the alliances.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience managing complex alliances with large technology companies, driving business and alignment, communicating with executives on both sides, leading go-to-market and field enablement efforts, and monitoring/measuring the health of the partnerships. This candidate must have a demonstrated ability to build relationships across disciplines and think strategically and analytically about both business and the challenges we are addressing for clients together. Candidate must have achieved previous success with a BD ISV focused role working for a SaaS business with partner sales motions into IT organizations.
Candidate should also have demonstrated an ability to think strategically about business, product, and ecosystem challenges. We are looking for candidates that are creative, aggressive and looking to expand and advance their responsibilities.
- 5+ years of relevant business development and/or alliance management experience at a SaaS company
- Experience with SaaS vendors and their strategies/business models.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with an ability to speak effectively to business development leaders, executives, lawyers, and the go-to-market organizations
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time is a requirement
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task with special attention to detail and follow-up
- Ability to run quickly with little supervision and adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- A high degree of honesty and integrity
- Leadership and communication skills that enable the building of relationships with people across all levels and organizations, internally and externally
- Ability to formulate a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Adept at handling multiple projects and priorities in an extremely fast paced environment
- BA/BS degree, (MBA or Masters degree a plus)
- Lead all revenue-generating initiatives for multiple strategic ISV technology alliances for BetterCloud
- Bring cross-functional stakeholders together to build go-to-market plans to advance the partnership
- Develop and lead the engagement model across the ISVs and BetterCloud for go-to-market teams at both organizations
- Lead development of assets required to enable the field and customers
- Work with sales operations and other team to educate the field organizations on both sides
- Monitor and measure the performance of the partnership
- Generate pipeline and deals with partner organizations
- Communicate frequently with executive management to ensure alignment
- Reinforce value of partner relationships within the BetterCloud sales team
- Provide internal and external thought leadership
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Back to top