Strategic Technology Partnerships Director
BetterCloud is pioneering the SaaS Operations Management market. As the leader in this market, BetterCloud’s platform empowers IT to define, remediate, and enforce management and security policies for SaaS applications. Over 2500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud for continuous event monitoring, quickly remediating threats, and fully automating policy enforcement.
In this role, you will be responsible for building and managing the ecosystem for BetterCloud’s platform technology partners. You will work cross functionally with the product team, marketing team and other members of the technology partnerships organization. You will recruit, develop, and drive strategic relationships with key technology partners by establishing deep technical integrations and setting clear expectations for mutual business success. You will run them through the partner lifecycle from partner selection, integration solution definition & build-out, business planning, go-to-market launch, and ongoing partner management for strategic alignment. Your depth of experience in the cloud ecosystem will gives you firsthand insights into the vendors and industry trends that will enable your success in driving associated partnerships.
The position is based in San Francisco and is an excellent opportunity for you to join a fast-growing, market category creator and leading enterprise technology company.
We are looking for someone who has 4+ years experience working with ISVs building cloud-software/platform partnerships. Experience in product and solution marketing with a can-do, dynamic orientation is essential. The ideal candidate will have proven experience managing complex alliances with large technology companies, inclusive of setting strategy, driving business and technical alignment, communicating actively with executives on both sides, The candidate must have strong hands-on technical qualifications with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into customer and partner focused solutions and use cases. This candidate must have a demonstrated ability to build relationships across disciplines and think strategically and analytically about both business and technical challenges. Candidate must have achieved previous success with a BD ISV focused role working for a SaaS IT or Security focused company.
Candidate should also have demonstrated an ability to think strategically about business, product, and ecosystem challenges. We are looking for candidates that are creative, aggressive and looking to expand and advance their responsibilities.
- Lead multiple strategic ISV technology partnerships for BetterCloud
- Act as interface between the BetterCloud Platform and all things Partner related (Strategy, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Channel).
- Participate in strategy creation and be responsible for the ecosystem management; drive how technology partners fit in and help execute and accelerate market vision.
- Represent the platform into the rest of the company for partner activities including with the broader strategy, corporate development, business operations and pricing
- Define Success Criteria - What does success look like by converting into tangible achievements and deliverables (by Quarter). Measure, Identify, and track against metrics.
- Lead the overall execution and relationship management for the prioritized partners including the initial scoping and business development (BD) work with select partners.
- Lead development of marketing assets required to enable the field and customers
- Communicate frequently with executive management to ensure alignment
- Provide internal and external thought leadership
- 5+ years of relevant business development cloud-centric software/platform partnerships and demonstrated technical sales and success driving user and revenue growth via partnerships
- Strong desire to thrive in dynamic environments that demand continuous learning about businesses and innovative technologies
- Demonstrated success developing cloud ecosystem strategies and working with ISVs.
- Strong technical background, prior experience as a software developer/architect is preferred.Highly analytical, data driven strategic thinker but also a creative problem solver and innovator - you will be building new business models and first of its kind partnership structures.
- Ability to make thoughtful, actionable recommendations under minimal structure, and quickly build consensus with senior level internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to create and cultivate formal networks with key decision makers.
- Collaborative bridge builder with a proven ability to work cross-functionally and consistently keep colleagues, team members and other key players aligned.
- Excellent management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Must live in San Francisco area
- We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
- Ability to travel ~20% of the time is a requirement
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Back to top