Solutions Engineer (NYC)
BetterCloud is the first SaaS Application Management and Security Platform, enabling IT to centralize, orchestrate, and operationalize day-to-day administration and control for SaaS applications. Every day, thousands of customers rely on BetterCloud to centralize data and controls, surface operational intelligence, enforce complex security policies, and delegate custom administrator privileges across SaaS applications.
BetterCloud Solutions Engineers (SEs) are a critical part of our customer-facing team. Working closely with the sales organization as well as partners throughout the world, we assist in architecting a solution to meet the customer's management, security and technical needs for their critical saas applications. We strive to stay ahead of the learning curve in all areas of cloud technology, and work to educate both our internal teams as well as our customer’s teams on best practices around deploying our solutions within their environment. Our role is to serve as trusted advisor to our prospects and customers through the sales process and entirety of the customer lifecycle.
- Assist the sales and success staff with all technical and security aspects throughout the sales process and customer lifecycle.
- Perform customer discovery discussions to understand and document business needs and outline how BetterCloud can meet their needs.
- Builds relationships with customers by serving as the technical liaison for both sales and success teams.
- Document and communicate administration and security best practices to prospects.
- Lead deployment and configuration tasks for Proof of Concept (POC) testing within customer environments, working individually or as part of a team.
- Aid in the implementation of BetterCloud’s more complex feature sets to ensure customer adoption.
- Document technical requirements and solutions outlined in Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) for both government and business accounts.
- Communicate status and technical items with customer and internal stakeholders, identifying areas of technical risk and proposing different options for mitigating these risks
- Work on multiple projects at a time, both small and large
- Participates in strategic and tactical account planning
- Follows industry technology trends through self-study and formal training and shares that knowledge with sales staff and customers
- Help to build our sales pipeline and improve our sales processes.
Qualifications | Required
- Familiarity with cloud applications, in particular Google Apps, Slack, Dropbox Salesforce, Zendesk and Atlassian.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Have the ability to quickly learn new technical concepts and be self directed in your learning.
- A positive attitude towards change and ability to adapt.
- Ability to handle customer situations with empathy and ownership
- Able to think critically and logically under pressure to resolve technical issues
- Absolute commitment to customer service and a “can-do" attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment and interact with all levels of management as well vendors and customers.
- Strong problem solving and Analytical/Reasoning skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail, highly organized, and efficient in managing multiple projects at once
Qualifications | Recommended
- Desire to sell and look for additional opportunities once introduced to a customer.
- Prior experience as a Solutions Engineer isn’t required; but rather the skills and knowledge needed to be effective such as a strong background in IT.
- Business and technical requirements discovery; ability to craft a solution based on those requirements
- Consultative selling and customer questioning techniques in order identify new opportunities, sell within in existing accounts and maintain the role of trusted advisor to both the customer success and sales teams.
- Effective presentation, analytical, communications and customer relationship skills
Meet Some of BetterCloud's Employees
Business Intelligence Analyst
Shaun collects all BetterCloud data on internal processes and products and turns it into actionable insights anyone on the team can use to streamline development or product growth.
Back to top