Software Development Engineer In Test (ATL)
BetterCloud is the first unified SaaS management platform, empowering organizations to securely adopt and manage best-in-breed SaaS applications. Every day, thousands of customers rely on BetterCloud to centralize SaaS management, automate workflows and compliance policies, and surface relevant insights across SaaS applications.
We are a high energy, high growth startup, is seeking a fast-learning, hard-working developer to join the Product Development team as a Software Engineer in Test to focus on functional test plan execution and automation. We need adaptable, self-motivated people who have strong critical thinking skills. This is not just an “automating these clicks” job, it’s so much more than that. You’ll play a central role in the software development lifecycle by designing and coding Automated Acceptance Tests that execute at all levels (unit, integration, service, ui) of our software architecture. You’ll also plan and execute Performance Tests against our service layer APIs and our high-throughput data streaming pipelines. And you’ll play a huge part in automating Security Penetration Testing. As a Software Engineer in Test at BetterCloud you’ll gain invaluable experience with a modern and impressive tech stack that rivals any across the industry.
We are looking for someone who has a good understanding of the Java language (or equal experience in other development languages) and is excited to gain unparallelled experience in cloud-development.
If you have a solid foundation in development then we’ll teach you what you need to know to be successful. If you have a sharp, analytical mind and proven design skills, we’re looking for you.
If you are eager to grow, want to accomplish challenging goals, and thrive in a work hard/play hard environment then look no further! We’re highly team oriented, so you need to be able to work well with others, and possess excellent communication skills. BetterCloud looks for people who have a strong sense of ownership over their work because they aren’t afraid to work hard and build something brilliant.
- You will be using an impressive tech stack to provide high-value test automation that enables our development teams to achieve Continuous Delivery.
- You will be coding automated acceptance tests using Spock, Geb, Selenium Webdriver, Groovy, Java, APIs for Google, Microsoft, Dropbox, Slack, and more.
Day to day you will be doing:
- API Service Layer Testing
- Performance Testing using Python and Locust.io
- UI Testing
- Security Testing
- We need someone who is proficient in Java or an equivalent object oriented language
- Experience in an Agile environment is ideal
- 1-3 years professional experience
- Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent degree)
- We’re looking for folks with a solid foundation in functional test design and development
- It would be great if you had an understanding of user stories as requirements
- Experience with testing cloud-based technologies would be a huge plus
- If you’ve worked with Relational/Non-Relational databases, and/or Data Stream Processing we want you!
- Knowledge of Continuous integration and continuous delivery will get you a long way
- Primary Automated Testing languages/tools:
- Groovy/Spock, Geb
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
Meet Some of BetterCloud's Employees
Business Intelligence Analyst
Shaun collects all BetterCloud data on internal processes and products and turns it into actionable insights anyone on the team can use to streamline development or product growth.
Back to top