Software Architect (ATL)
Our products live in the cloud on Google’s Cloud Platform. Our Microservices technology stack includes AngularJS on the front end, Java (primarily), Scala, and Go on the application side, and a mix of relational and NoSQL solutions on the back end including MySQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, and Google’s Cloud Datastore. We handle eye-popping amounts of data and requests using stream processing technologies such as Kafka and Flink.
We don’t expect anyone to have experience with all of these technologies. We’re simply looking for a seasoned Java architect who loves to lead and mentor development teams, loves to architect and code high quality and scalable solutions, and loves, loves, loves to learn. If you have these qualities and are willing to hit the ground running then we’re the place for you!
- 8+ years experience building enterprise level software solutions using Java
- 3+ years (most recently) doing application design, leading and managing teams of 3+ people
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and be highly collaborative
- An intelligent, energetic, and hard-working individual
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- Experience with a stream processing or pub/sub architecture is a plus
- Provides technical designs that align with standards for testability, security, and performance. Collaborate with other architects on designs to vet and improve design.
- Acts as a mentor, leader, and manager for the software engineers on their team. Works to turn software engineers into tech leads and tech leads into architects.
- Builds a tight relationship with their corresponding Product Manager while acting as the technical owner for their area of our product. Works with the Product Manager to develop the roadmap for their team and then execute against the roadmap.
- Collaborates with other architects and technical leaders to help define, evangelize, and achieve the overall technical vision of BetterCloud.
- Ownership of setting up frameworks to codify best practices, reducing lines of code through re-use, and ensuring team members adhere to those best practices during the design and development phases.
- During design and code reviews you understand the user story and the problem it is trying to solve. Make sure the solution uses the correct components and frameworks while enforcing best practices and lessons learned from past mistakes.
Compensation | Benefits
- Career growth opportunities coupled with both leadership and technical training
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
Location: 3405 Piedmont Rd NE Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
BetterCloud is a leading provider of Software-as-a-Service solutions for organizations of all sizes operating on the Google Apps platform. As one of the first companies dedicated solely to building product extensions to Google Apps, our applications provide vital tools for IT administrators and end-users alike with an established customer base of more than 15 million users in 35,000 organizations across 114 countries. BetterCloud’s product suite provides comprehensive management and security tools, which ensure speedy user adoption, increased efficiency and security and reduced IT expenditures.
Meet Some of BetterCloud's Employees
Business Intelligence Analyst
Shaun collects all BetterCloud data on internal processes and products and turns it into actionable insights anyone on the team can use to streamline development or product growth.
Back to top