BetterCloud is the first provider of SaaSOps solutions to manage and secure the digital workplace. Over 2,500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across a company’s SaaS application portfolio. A pioneer of the SaaSOps movement, the company established the first-ever “SaaS Application Management and Security Framework” via two published books entitled “The IT Leader’s Guide to SaaSOps” — Vol. 1: “A Six-part Framework for Managing Your SaaS Applications” & Vol. 2: “How to Secure Your SaaS Applications.” BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, CA and Atlanta, GA.
We are seeking enterprising individuals to join our growing team. We are looking for a Software Architect who loves building software, regardless of the languages or tech stack they’ve used in the past. If you’re a solid engineer we’ll help you learn the specifics of a particular language on the job. Our products live in the cloud on Google’s Cloud Platform.
Our products live in the cloud on Google’s Cloud Platform. Our Microservices technology stack includes ReactJS on the front end, Java (primarily) and Scala on the application side, and a mix of relational and NoSQL solutions on the back end including MySQL, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, and Google’s Cloud Datastore. We handle eye-popping amounts of data and requests using stream processing technologies such as Kafka and Flink.
We don’t expect anyone to have experience with all of these technologies. We’re simply looking for a seasoned Java architect who loves to lead and mentor development teams, loves to architect and code high quality and scalable solutions, and loves, loves, loves to learn. If you have these qualities and are willing to hit the ground running then we’re the place for you!
- 10+ years experience building enterprise level software solutions using Java
- 3+ years (most recently) doing application design, leading teams of 3+ people
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and be highly collaborative
- An intelligent, energetic, and hard-working individual
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- Experience with a stream processing or pub/sub architecture is a plus
- Provides technical designs that align with standards for testability, security, and performance. Collaborate with other architects on designs to vet and improve design.
- Acts as a mentor and leader for the software engineers on their team. Works to turn software engineers into tech leads and tech leads into architects.
- Builds a tight relationship with their corresponding Product Manager while acting as the technical owner for their area of our product. Collaborates with other stakeholders to develop the roadmap for their team and then execute against the roadmap.
- Collaborates with other architects and technical leaders to help define, evangelize, and achieve the overall technical vision of BetterCloud.
- Ownership of setting up frameworks to codify best practices, reducing lines of code through re-use, and ensuring team members adhere to those best practices during the design and development phases.
- During design and code reviews you understand the user story and the problem it is trying to solve. Make sure the solution uses the correct components and frameworks while enforcing best practices and lessons learned from past mistakes.
- Career growth opportunities coupled with both leadership and technical training
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
- Fast Paced Casual Environment and Super-chill coworkers
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
See Inside the Office of BetterCloud
BetterCloud is a technology and services company that provides critical insights, automated management, and intelligent data security for cloud office platforms. Launched in 2011, BetterCloud currently services over 50,000 IT Teams and 300 million users with secure data connections, proactive platform monitoring, and hassle-free setup. Powered by open APIs, BetterCloud supplies specialized solutions and supports—optimizing performance for the Google apps and Office 365 platforms.
Back to top