Senior Manager | Strategic Alliances and Business Development | NYC or SF
BetterCloud is pioneering the SaaS Operations Management market. As the leader in this market, BetterCloud’s platform empowers IT to define, remediate, and enforce management and security policies for SaaS applications. Over 3,000 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud for continuous event monitoring, quickly remediating threats, and fully automating policy enforcement. This role will sit in either New York or San Francisco.
We are looking for an experienced business development manager to lead our efforts with select strategic technology partners to accelerate the business through this ecosystem. The objective is to strengthen our partnerships with SaaS application vendors, and grow referral business through this ecosystem of partners. This person will own the entire partner engagement lifecycle from partner selection, solution definition/build, to go-to-market and ongoing alliance management.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience managing complex alliances with large technology companies, inclusive of setting strategy, driving business and technical alignment, communicating actively with executives on both sides, leading go-to-market and field enablement efforts, and monitoring/measuring the health of the partnerships. This candidate must have a demonstrated ability to build relationships across disciplines and think strategically and analytically about both business and technical challenges. Candidate must have achieved previous success with a BD focused role working for a SaaS business, preferably co-selling into IT organizations.
Candidate should also have demonstrated an ability to think strategically about business, product, and ecosystem challenges. We are looking for candidates that are creative, aggressive and looking to expand and advance their responsibilities.
- 5+ years of relevant business development, product management and/or technical sales experience at a SaaS company
- Experience with SaaS vendors and their strategies/business models.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with an ability to speak effectively to business development leaders, executives, product managers, engineers, lawyers, and security professionals
- Ability to travel >50% of the time is a requirement
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task with special attention to detail and follow-up
- Ability to run quickly with little supervision and adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- A high degree of honesty and integrity
- Leadership and communication skills that enable the building of relationships with people across all levels and organizations, internally and externally
- Ability to formulate a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Adept at handling multiple projects and priorities in an extremely fast paced environment
- BA/BS degree, MBA, or Masters degree a plus
- Lead multiple strategic technology alliances for BetterCloud
- Approach new partners to identify opportunities for shared value
- Bring cross-functional stakeholders together to build value propositions, design solutions and advance the partnership
- Establish the teaming model for the partnership and lead that for BetterCloud
- Lead development of assets required to enable the field and customers
- Work with sales operations and other team to educate the field organizations on both sides
- Monitor and measure the performance of the partnership
- Strong history of building and driving pipeline generation with partner organizations
- Communicate frequently with executive management to ensure alignment
- Reinforce value of partner relationships within the BetterCloud sales team
- Provide internal and external thought leadership
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Meet Some of BetterCloud's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Valeria operates on the front lines as a customer’s first point of contact. She educates prospects on what the team does to help align client goals with BetterCloud.
Back to top