Senior Back-End Software Engineer
BetterCloud is the first provider of SaaSOps solutions to manage and secure the digital workplace. Over 2,500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across a company’s SaaS application portfolio. A pioneer of the SaaSOps movement, the company established the first-ever “SaaS Application Management and Security Framework” via two published books entitled “The IT Leader’s Guide to SaaSOps” — Vol. 1: “A Six-part Framework for Managing Your SaaS Applications” & Vol. 2: “How to Secure Your SaaS Applications.” BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, CA and Atlanta, GA.
We are a high energy, high growth startup, that's seeking an enterprising individual to join our growing team. We are looking for Senior Back-End Software Engineers who love building software, regardless of the languages they’ve used in the past. If you’re a solid engineer we’ll help you learn the specifics of a particular language on the job.
Our products live in the cloud on Google’s Cloud Platform. Our Microservices technology stack includes ReactJS on the front end, Java (primarily) on the application side, and a mix of relational and NoSQL solutions on the back end, including MySQL, ElasticSearch, and BigTable. We handle eye-popping amounts of data and requests using stream processing technologies such as Kafka.
We don’t expect anyone to have experience with all of these technologies. We’re simply looking for engineers who are great at what they do, love it, and are eager to learn. If you have these qualities and are willing to hit the ground running then we’re the place for you!
- 4+ years experience with Java or some other object-oriented language
- Demonstrated experience writing automated tests to maintain a high quality product and reliable CI/CD pipeline
- A passion for learning and working with cutting edge technologies
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- A bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- Experience with distributed stream-processing and pub/sub messaging systems such as Kafka or Flink
- Technical Mentorship Experience
- Experience in scalable environments (especially with Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with Functional Programming (especially Scala or Kotlin)
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Back to top