Quality Assurance Architect
BetterCloud is the first SaaS Operations Management platform, empowering IT to define, remediate, and enforce management and security policies for SaaS applications. Over 2,500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud for continuous event monitoring, quickly remediating threats, and fully automating policy enforcement. Which is why CB Insights and the New York Times named BetterCloud as one of “50 Future Unicorns” in 2019. BetterCloud is located in New York City, San Francisco, and Atlanta.
We are a high-energy, high-growth product company, and we are seeking an enterprising individual to join our growing team as a Quality Assurance Architect. The Quality Assurance Architect drives the test automation strategy and sets the technical direction for QA. The Architect works closely with our agile teams to meet the quality objectives of the organization.
Our products live in the cloud on Google’s Cloud Platform. Our Microservices technology stack includes AngularJS and React on the front end, Java (primarily), Scala, and Go on the application side, and a mix of relational and NoSQL solutions on the back end including MySQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, and Google’s Cloud Datastore. We handle eye-popping amounts of data and requests using stream processing technologies such as Kafka and Flink.
We don’t expect anyone to have experience with all of these technologies. We’re simply looking for engineers who are great at what they do, love it, and are eager to learn. If you have these qualities and are willing to hit the ground running then we’re the place for you!
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- 5 + years experience working as a developer with Java or some other object-oriented language
- 5 + years experience creating and executing automated test suites into CI\CD pipelines
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working with SQL; reading logs is also a requirement
- Experience building API automated tests
- Knowledge of web technologies (Java, HTML, CSS, etc.)
- Knowledge of UI testing applications (Selenium, Cypress, etc.)
- Knowledge of Spring framework
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Intelligent, energetic, and hardworking individual
- Excited by a start up culture and environment
- Knowledge of common test methodologies (ATDD, Exploratory, White/Black Box, etc.
- Define and implement test automation strategy including roadmap, tools, framework and approach across project teams
- Establish design principles for QA automation and Performance Testing. Present options and recommendations as needed
- Design and architect modular and reusable automated testing solutions for Bettercloud CI\CD pipelines
- Coach and mentor to agile team members on automated testing best practices
- Conduct RCA for failed automated test scripts
- Analyze business requirements and wireframes and flesh out acceptance criteria with other stakeholders
- Communicate test results and daily status
- Track defects and provide quality metrics
- Participate in team's sprint planning meetings to apply testing methodology and fill in any testing gaps
- Understand and be able to communicate to the product team a technical explanation of bug/fix/feature/enhancement
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Back to top