Quality Assurance Analyst
BetterCloud is the first SaaS Operations Management platform, empowering IT to define, remediate, and enforce management and security policies for SaaS applications. Over 2,500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud for continuous event monitoring, quickly remediating threats, and fully automating policy enforcement. Which is why CB Insights and the New York Times named BetterCloud as one of “50 Future Unicorns” in 2019. BetterCloud is located in New York City, San Francisco, and Atlanta.
We are a high energy, high growth startup, and we are seeking an enterprising individual to join our growing team as a Quality Assurance Analyst. The Functional Analyst is responsible for working with developers and product managers in an Agile environment. Duties include creating user stories, acceptance criteria and acceptance tests as well as manual testing of functionality provided by the developers for each sprint.
Our products live in the cloud on Google’s Cloud Platform. Our Microservices technology stack includes AngularJS and React on the front end, Java (primarily), Scala, and Go on the application side, and a mix of relational and NoSQL solutions on the back end including MySQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, and Google’s Cloud Datastore. We handle eye-popping amounts of data and requests using stream processing technologies such as Kafka and Flink.
We don’t expect anyone to have experience with all of these technologies. We’re simply looking for engineers who are great at what they do, love it, and are eager to learn. If you have these qualities and are willing to hit the ground running then we’re the place for you!
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years professional experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with SQL; reading logs is also a requirement
- Knowledge of web technologies (Java, HTML, CSS, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Intelligent, energetic, and hardworking individual
- Excited by a start up culture and environment
- Knowledge of common test methodologies (ATDD, Exploratory, White/Black Box, etc.)
- Analyze business requirements and wireframes
- Architect test plans
- Write, validate, and execute test cases with use case approach in an agile environment
- Communicate test results and daily status
- Articulate issues found with steps on how to reproduce
- Take ownership over issues found in production that made it through QA
- Track defects and provide quality metrics
- Participate in team's sprint planning meetings to apply testing methodology and fill in any testing gaps
- Understand and be able to communicate to the product team a technical explanation of bug/fix/feature/enhancement
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Back to top