Quality Assurance Analyst
BetterCloud is the first SaaS Operations Management platform, empowering IT to define, remediate, and enforce management and security policies for SaaS applications. Over 2,500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud for continuous event monitoring, quickly remediating threats, and fully automating policy enforcement.
We are a high energy startup and we’re seeking an enterprising individual to join our growing team as a Functional Analyst is responsible for working with developers and product managers in an Agile environment. Those responsibilities include creating user stories, acceptance criteria and acceptance tests as well as manual testing of functionality provided by the developers for each sprint.
- Analyze business requirements and wireframes
- Architect test plans
- Write, validate, and execute test cases with use case approach in an agile environment
- Communicate test results and daily status
- Articulate issues found with steps on how to reproduce
- Take ownership over issues found in production that made it through QA
- Track defects and provide quality metrics
- Participate in team sprint planning meetings to apply testing methodology and fill in any testing gaps
- Understand and be able to communicate to the product team a technical explanation of bug/fix/feature/enhancement
Qualifications | Required
- 3-5 years Quality Assurance experience
- 1-3 years of experience working in an Agile environment
- 1-3 years of experience working with SQL; reading logs is also a requirement
- Knowledge of web technologies (Java, HTML, CSS, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Intelligent, energetic, and hardworking individual
- Excited by a start up culture and environment
- Knowledge of common test methodologies (ATDD, Exploratory, White/Black Box, etc.)
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Qualifications | Preferred
- Experience in the following is a plus: Bitbucket/Stash/Github, Web Services, and Postman
- Prior hands on release management experience with tools such as Jenkins or Bitbucket to deliver work from test environment to production.
- Experience leveraging automated testing to deploy software.
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Back to top