Platform Services Architect | ATL
Our products live in the cloud on Google’s Cloud Platform. Our Microservices technology stack includes AngularJS on the front end, Java (primarily), Scala, and Go on the application side, and a mix of relational and NoSQL solutions on the back end including MySQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, and Google’s Cloud Datastore. We handle eye-popping amounts of data and requests using stream processing technologies such as Kafka and Flink.
We don’t expect anyone to have experience with all of these technologies. We’re simply looking for a seasoned DevOps architect who loves to lead and mentor development teams, loves to architect and design automated deployment, maintenance, and monitoring solutions, and loves, loves, loves to learn. If you have these qualities and are willing to hit the ground running then we’re the place for you!
- Provides technical designs that align with standards for testability, security, and performance. Collaborate with other architects on designs to vet and improve design.
- Acts as a mentor, leader, and manager for the software engineers on their team. Works to turn software engineers into tech leads and tech leads into architects.
- Builds a tight relationship with their corresponding Product Manager while acting as the technical owner for their area of our product. Works with the Product Manager to develop the roadmap for their team and then execute against the roadmap.
- Collaborates with other architects and technical leaders to help define, evangelize, and achieve the overall technical vision of BetterCloud.
- Ownership of setting up frameworks to codify best practices, reducing lines of code through re-use, and ensuring team members adhere to those best practices during the design and development phases.
- During design and code reviews you understand the user story and the problem it is trying to solve. Make sure the solution uses the correct components and frameworks while enforcing best practices and lessons learned from past mistakes.
Qualifications | Required
- 4+ years experience designing highly available, resilient and scalable cloud infrastructure and leading teams of 3+ people
- Container Orchestration (Focus: Mesos/ Marathon, Alt: kubernetes, Not: docker swarm)
- Configuration Management Tooling (Focus: Chef, Alt: Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- Containerization (Docker, rkt, etc)
- Highly Available Architectures
- Distributed System Architectures
- Cloud IaaS (Focus: GCP, Alt: AWS, Azure)
- Hashicorp Products (Consul, Terraform, Packer, and Vault)
- Service Discovery (Server side and client side: Registrator, consul-template)
- ELK Stack (distributed logging architectures)
- Experience setting up Service Level Objectives and managing to them
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and be highly collaborative
- An intelligent, energetic, and hard-working individual
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- Experience with a stream processing or pub/sub architecture is a plus
Compensation | Benefits
- Career growth opportunities coupled with both leadership and technical training
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
Meet Some of BetterCloud's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Valeria operates on the front lines as a customer’s first point of contact. She educates prospects on what the team does to help align client goals with BetterCloud.
Back to top