*We are only accepting applications for spring and summer 2022*
BetterCloud is the leading SaaS Management Platform (SMP) that enables IT professionals to discover, manage and secure the growing stack of SaaS applications in the digital workplace. With an expanding ecosystem of SaaS integrations, thousands of forward thinking organizations like Zoom, Walmart, and Square now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
A pioneer of the SaaSOps movement, BetterCloud has built a community of more than 45K IT professionals who are embracing the new role of SaaSOps within IT organizations. The company launched the first-ever annual SaasOps-focused conference, Altitude, and publishes annually the definitive market research report, State of SaaSOps, on the market and category.
BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, CA and Atlanta, GA. The company's total amount raised to date is $187 million. Investors include Warburg Pincus, Accel, Bain Capital Ventures, Flybridge Capital Partners, and Greycroft Partners.
BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in ATL and SF although we’re all working remotely for the foreseeable future.
We’re looking for Legal Interns who want to become effective business and technology lawyers while having fun in a cool tech start-up environment. Do you like to work in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment? Are you a problem solver? Do you want to experience life at a high growth successful start-up? Do you have an interest in technology law, contracts, SaaS, privacy or cybersecurity? If so, joining the BetterCloud legal team as an intern might be the perfect fit for you!
In this role you will work directly with the General Counsel, AGC and Corporate Counsel. We welcome interns during the following three terms: Fall (September to December), Spring (January to May), and Summer (June to August). You should apply at least one term prior to the term you would like to be considered for. For example, if you would like to start interning Spring 2022, please apply by Fall 2021 at the latest. Please note what term you are applying for using the drop-down menu below!
This is a part-time job so you can attend Law School while working for us if you are a Fall or Spring intern. Fall and Spring interns are expected to work around 20 hours per week and Summer interns are expected to work up to 40 hours per week.
- Research legal questions primarily dealing with technology, privacy and cybersecurity
- Prepare communications summarizing results of research
- Assist with the drafting, negotiation and execution of customer contracts
- Assist the Legal department with multiple projects and the launch of new products
- Help create compliance training and programs
- Apply innovative problem-solving skills and practical business judgment to minimize legal, compliance and regulatory risks for BetterCloud
- Analytical & detail oriented
- Great legal research skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, flexibility and responsiveness
- Ability to spot legal issues quickly and communicate them in a clear and concise way
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Currently pursuing J.D. degree
- Bachelor’s degree
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
*Remote - Qualified applicants based on most states of the U.S.A. are eligible for this position. Note that there are a number of states from where this position cannot be held.