BetterCloud is the first SaaS Application Management and Security Platform, enabling IT to centralize, orchestrate, and operationalize day-to-day administration and control for SaaS applications. Every day, thousands of customers rely on BetterCloud to centralize data and controls, surface operational intelligence, enforce complex security policies, and delegate custom administrator privileges across SaaS applications.
We are a high energy, high growth startup, and we are seeking an enterprising individual to join the Platform Services team as a Database Architect. If you are eager to learn, want to accomplish challenging goals, and thrive in a work-hard/play-hard environment then this is the position for you!
- Primary responsibility for soundness of database design against standards for development, high availability, security, and performance
- Ownership of setting up process and frameworks to codify best practices (data migration, maintenance, and modeling)
- Provide database and query design help to development teams
- Assist teams in selecting the right database for their use cases
- Train and educate team members on performance best practices.
- Understand the User Story and the problem it is trying to solve. Make sure solution uses best practices, frameworks, and meets performance and security standards
- Envisioning, defining, and delivering end-to-end integrated data solutions at an enterprise wide scale
- 4+ years experience with database design and query optimization
- 4+ years of experience with managing a high performance and high availability RDMBS, MYSQL preferred (i.e. Master/Secondary clusters, backup/restore, disaster recovery, high qps, etc.)
- 2+ years experience Java programming (jdbc best practices, connection pooling, and experience with Hibernate/iBatis)
- 2+ years of experience with automating database cluster set-ups, migrations, backups, scaling, and recoveries for our cloud-based Big Data clusters (Percona MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, and Kafka).
- 2+ years of experience with automating server setup with Chef/Ansible on AWS, GCP, or Azure
- 1+ years of Kafka experience - high availability, upstream checkpointing via compaction
- Experience with multiple datastores, understand the pros/cons for a given use cases, and able to make database recommendations based on team needs
- Strong knowledge of JVM operations - memory management, threading, and JMX
- Experience with enterprise monitoring of data services (master election, replication status, connection drops, slow queries, memory, cpu, and queries per second)
- Colleagues describe you as self-driven, fast-learning, and hardworking
- Cassandra experience - setup, config, keyspace and table design
- ElasticSearch experience - Multi-cluster, multi-terabyte indices
- Container orchestration tools (i.e. Mesos/Kubernetes/Nomad, etc.)
- Hadoop Setup and Maintenance
- Experience with Spark/Flink/Storm
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Meet Some of BetterCloud's Employees
Business Intelligence Analyst
Shaun collects all BetterCloud data on internal processes and products and turns it into actionable insights anyone on the team can use to streamline development or product growth.
Back to top