Secondary Markets Associate
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Secondary Markets sits within our Capital Markets team, which is Better.com’s primary revenue generator. With oversight of pricing, trading, hedging, financing, servicing and securitization the team is deeply involved in strategic decision making. The Secondary Markets section of the team is responsible for maximizing our gains on loan sales by working with diverse investors such as agencies, national banks, community banks, and REITs. We are looking for a proactive, strategic, detail oriented person to help manage our loan sale process as our funding volume continues to grow. This individual will work alongside our Secondary Markets leadership to to trade and hedge our loan book without error. As the Associate's subject matter knowledge deepens, they will take on more responsibility for analytical projects to continuously enhance our execution model.
- You have 1-2 years of experience in fixed income/loan markets, or a quantitative degree.
- You have a strong interest in financial markets.
- You are a logical thinker and can synthesize disorganized data into concise frameworks.
- You are analytically skilled, and can work magic with SQL, Excel, and other tools.
- You work efficiently and with a strong attention to detail, ensuring that we never have to compromise speed or accuracy.
- You are a clear communicator, capable of articulating your findings in a digestible way to multiple audiences.
- You promote team work and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
Things We Value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Market Savvy. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership and mortgages...this won’t work
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave theconversation and build it.
Back to top