Post Closing Manager
- New York, NY
We're one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we're building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we're making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we've:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $2B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 35 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we're not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $85MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Responsibilities will include:
- Package and deliver loans to our investors
- Analyze and formulate curative measures for investor conditions
- Scan and upload closing packages received from title companies
- Ensure delivery of collateral to our warehouse banks
- Perform detailed audits on closed loans prior to investor delivery to ensure that loan is in compliance with federal and state laws, as well as applicable investor guidelines.
- Assist in effectively communicating with investors to satisfy all post-closing and post-purchase audit discrepancies.
- Verifies that all stipulations requested are valid and met to ensure that loans are saleable/purchased.
- Monitors pipeline views to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks
- Receive trailing documents, ensure they are in compliance, and deliver to the investor within the required time frames.
- Satisfy all internal and external audit requests within the required timeframes.
- Effect required transfers to investors for PMI, insurance, and MERS
- Package and deliver loans to ensure government ensuring requirements are met
- 3-5 years of experience in the direct closing process
- Significant post-closing experience either in a post-closing manager position packaging loans to investors OR experience in: underwriting, quality control, quality assurance, or secondary review experience in a consumer mortgage environment.
- Strong understanding of agency underwriting guidelines
- Experience communicating directly with investors on a daily basis
- Ability to handle multiple files simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Perform well in team environments
- The drive to build something new
- Management experience a plus
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don't get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won't work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don't understand?
Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can't wait to leave the conversation and build it.
Back to top