Partnerships Business Operations Manager
- New York, NY
We're one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we're making homeownership simpler, faster - and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it's like to buy and own a home in this country, we're building things that don't exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we're one of Crain's "Best Places to work"
- We're #11 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.'s 2019 "5000 Fastest-Growing Companies"
- We've secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We've recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
The Better Partnerships Team is responsible for sourcing and developing strategic partnerships for Better.com. The Partnership business development team members will oversee and assist with development, negotiation, implementation and oversight of new and existing strategic partnerships.
The Partnerships Business Operations Manager will have responsibility for assisting Head of Partnerships with, overseeing and/or driving activities relating to:
- Partnership business operations
- Strategy design, prioritization and implementation
- Team organizational design and development, including
- Partnership team operating model
- Partnership team staffing model
- Operating standards, including performance metrics, KPIs, etc...
- Team resource development and management, including
- Assist in hiring
- Project management
- Standardized tools and procedures
- Development and implementation of quality of work standards, performance metrics, KPIs, etc...
- Cross functional interdepartmental activities
- Interdepartmental strategy and implementation
- Represent Partnerships view in model and strategy development
- Clear & timely connection between Better Leadership Strategy objectives and team activities
- Participation of appropriate team members in interdepartmental meetings
- Effective communication of team activities to among internal partners
- Oversight and coordination of team activities among internal partners and teams
- Development of interdepartmental service level needs and requirements
- Monitoring and reporting on team engagement
- Team production oversight, including
- Pipeline maintenance and reporting
- Performance Management, standards and implementation
- Meetings Design, Content, Cadence
- Reporting objectives and requirements
- Participation in business development activities
- Manage others
- Additional business operations activities as assigned or requested
- 3 - 5+ years of experience financial services, investment banking or consulting in financial services, financial technology and/or mortgage lending environment
- Experience and responsibility for business process design
- Direct client service and/or relationship management experience for sizeable counterparty/clients
- Experience and/or meaningful exposure with/to and understanding of Mortgage Company, Bank, Financial Advisor and/or Insurance Company regulatory environments
- Personable and enjoys working with people
- Calm demeanor in the face of challenging and/or contentious circumstances
- Careful and accurate with details
- A friendly and thoughtful approach to client relationships
- Interested in problems and complex structures
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don't get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won't work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don't understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can't wait to leave the conversation and build it.
Back to top