Operations Strategy Associate
- New York, NY
We're one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we're building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we're making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we've:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we're not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better Opportunity
We're building a world-class mortgage operations team - one that combines highly effective processes and systems with a customer experience that people will rave about. The right person for this role can easily pair strategic thinking with operational efficiency, constantly pushing for better. Someone who knows what world-class operations looks like, who stays awake obsessing about throughput and cycle times, and who is itching to be the driving force behind a team that others will one day talk about.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support our core operational strategy, continuous improvement and non-stop optimization of our operations processes and systems leveraging a highly data-driven approach
- Generate novel analyses that educate business decisions and drive KPI execution (e.g. productivity, cycle time, quality)
- Work cross-functionally to optimize existing processes for our global operations teams
- Build an automated operations system that will continue to transform the industry
- Support capacity modeling to ensure we're utilized properly
Bonus points for:
- Certification in Six Sigma / lean / other process improvement methodologies
- Prior experience working in R/Python
- 2-3+ years of experience in a strategic operational role
- Strong quantitative background in data analysis and modeling (SQL/Tableau is preferred)
- Strong bias-to-action, as well as a strong sense of practicality and effectiveness
- Highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
Back to top