- Charlotte, NC
How is better.com Better?
We're one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we're making homeownership simpler, faster - and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it's like to buy and own a home in this country, we're building things that don't exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We funded over $692 million in home loans last month
- Over $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we're one of Crain's "Best Places to work"
- We're #11 on Fortune's 2020 Best Places to Work in Financial Services
- And #964 on Inc.'s 2019 "5000 Fastest-Growing Companies"
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn and we've recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Beyond producing high quality loans, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. With offices in New York, California, Charlotte, and Gurgaon, we are quickly expanding in order to deliver a delightful borrower experience through a combination of technology and people. In joining our team, you will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team and you will play a critical role in delivering on the Better mission.
Better.com is looking for motivated individuals to join our mortgage operations team. Our mortgage operations department is a dynamic team of Processing Expert Associates, Processing Experts, Mortgage Underwriters, and Closing Experts. This team owns the majority of the customer journey from application review to underwriting, and all the way to funding and closing the loan. This team is responsible for building, verifying, and approving all home loans while providing transparent and consistent service and support for our customers. Our Operations Associates share and manage a pipeline of loans across our mortgage operations team, utilizing our proprietary platform to collect, verify, and prepare documents to satisfy borrower files at every step of the loan cycle. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized communicator, capable of making sound decisions while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment. We are happy to speak with you about whichever operations role is the best fit based on your experience!
Responsibilities will include:
- Being available as the main point of contact to guide our customers through the required steps to produce and fund their mortgage
- Preparing and reviewing financial information and documentation with particular attention to detail
- Working with internal teams and third parties to ensure a smooth efficient loan process for our borrowers
- Organizing and managing a pipeline of loans with our advanced full stack mortgage platform.
- Coming up with and driving initiatives for how we can improve our customer experience - we value your feedback!
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems independently.
- Interest in financial services and capable of learning technology quickly
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Approach work with empathy, humility and accountability.
- Collaborate with teams to constantly rethink and improve our processes and borrower experience
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion: If you don't get excited about helping people get into and stay in the home of their dreams then this simply won't work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion: You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don't understand?
- Building. Doing. Making: Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can't wait to leave the conversation and build it.
Back to top