Manager, Sales Insights and Strategy
- New York, NY
We're one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we're making homeownership simpler, faster - and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it's like to buy and own a home in this country, we're building things that don't exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we're one of Crain's "Best Places to work"
- We're #11 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.'s 2019 "5000 Fastest-Growing Companies"
- We've secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We've recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
The Sales Insights and Strategy ('SalesOps') team at Better is responsible for all tools, processes, and people operations related to sales. We are, in essence, the analytical and strategic arm of sales - a mix of strong analytical capabilities, sharp business acumen and "get stuff done" mentality. We use a structured approach to drive sales strategy across sales channels, develop operational plans to enable consistent and innovative approaches and lead execution against our recommendations.
As a Sales Insights & Strategy Manager you will play a pivotal role in building and scaling SalesOps. You can expect to actively contribute in the following ways:
- Identify, prioritize and solve ongoing business requirements for a rapidly growing company
- Gather and analyze information to generate actionable insights
- Monitor our external environment (e.g., market conditions, competitive pressures, regulatory landscape) and derive implications for the business
- Drive alignment on priorities across key business channels
- Lead execution on major, sales initiatives
- Hire, mentor and groom SalesOps managers and associates on the team
- You are a strong performer with at least 4 years of experience in Sales Insights and Strategy / Management Consulting with at least 1-2 years of management experience
- You have a bias for action, as well as a strong sense of practicality and effectiveness
- You have strong data analysis, data modeling and presentation skills; SQL experience strongly preferred; R/Python a big plus
- You've worked previously with an early-stage company / have tangible experience building something from the ground up
- You have excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- You are highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don't get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won't work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don't understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can't wait to leave the conversation and build it.
Back to top