IT Support Engineer- Irvine
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re building a better way to get home and our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, we’re making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, we’ve:
* Helped more than 10,000 families get home
* Financed over $3B in loans
* Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
* Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And we’re not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, and others have invested over $150MM in Better and our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a self driven person to help us build, maintain, and oversee our IT function. This person will work strategically with our IT and Devops team to make sure our IT practices stay aligned with business needs. The ideal candidate is a customer-service driven, technical person who can manage day-to-day operations and provide tech support to end users across the organization. This person should be comfortable multi-tasking, able to maintain high attention to detail, and be resourceful as needed.
Responsibilities will include:
* Support OS X and Windows platforms (e.g. software installs and VPN troubleshooting)
* Provision, manage, and troubleshoot company laptops
* Enforce best practices of IT & security
* Provision and support of VOIP telephony and telepresence equipment
* Support wired and wireless networks
* Create documentation for frequently asked questions & tools
* Asset management and procurement
* Remote support across our 5 offices
* On-call shift (one weekend a month)
* Projects as assigned
* 2-3 Years of IT Experience
* Can perform SaaS administration in your sleep
* Familiar with Active Directory & user administration
* Understands basic networking (Experience with VLANs, Subnets, Firewalls)
* Preference for those who have worked in companies that require compliance
* Can translate the most technical Jargon and explain it to a 5th grader
* Able to write and maintain solid documentation
* Familiar with Help Desk best practices & ticket etiquette
* Preference for those who have worked with overseas IT offices in the past
* Can handle the dynamic nature of a fast paced, hyper growth environment
* Meticulously documents & executes projects to completion
Bonus Points for:
* Command line proficiency & Scripting
* Passion for integrating systems & platforms
* On-boarding experience
* JAMF administration
* Knowledge of identity management (OKTA, One Login)/authentication systems (LDAP/Radius)
* Passion for automation
* Experience from a regulated industry
Things we value:
* Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
* Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
* Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
* Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
* Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
* Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people’s biggest dreams are in your hands.
* Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
* Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.
Back to top