- New York, NY
We're one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we're making homeownership simpler, faster - and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it's like to buy and own a home in this country, we're building things that don't exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we're one of Crain's "Best Places to work"
- We're #11 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.'s 2019 "5000 Fastest-Growing Companies"
- We've secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We've recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com is searching for a Growth Analyst to help optimize our customer acquisition. Our Acquisition team plays a critical function in our drive to capture massive market share by identifying the right audiences to target, the relevant media channels to acquire them, and managing our spend across those channels with hawkish attention to performance. As part of this team, the Growth Analyst will work collaboratively with our Marketing, Product, and Affiliates teams to deliver against marketing and business KPIs. The ideal candidate has a successful track record of research/analytical success, experience executing projects under short timelines, and is excited to spearhead novel analyses in support of team and broader business goals.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing analysis to support the performance tracking of customer acquisition activities launched in collaboration with the Product, Design, Marketing, and Engineering teams.
- Taking ownership of identifying experiment opportunities, including generating hypotheses, architecting the design, and tracking/analyzing results.
- Building custom dashboards to make KPIs and insights available to the entire company.
- Partnering with our Data Engineering team to develop and implement new analytical tools, and also improve our underlying data infrastructure.
- You have an undergraduate degree in computer science, statistics, engineering/sciences, economics, or psychology.
- You have spent 1-3 years in a heavily analytical environment, either professionally or in a high calibre academic setting (e.g. pursuing a Masters or PhD).
- Your coding skills are strong, particularly in scripting languages like Python and/or in environments like Stata or Matlab.
- You are naturally curious, and love problems involving human behavior and financial outcomes.
- You are a team player who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment with shifting business needs.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in fintech or other start-up environments
- Experience working with marketing and design teams
- SQL experience or the ability to learn it quickly
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness . Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don't get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won't work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don't understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can't wait to leave the conversation and build it.
Back to top