Customer Experience Manager
- New York, NY
We're one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we're making homeownership simpler, faster - and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it's like to buy and own a home in this country, we're building things that don't exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we're one of Crain's "Best Places to work"
- We're #11 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.'s 2019 "5000 Fastest-Growing Companies"
- We've secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We've recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Customer experience is not always a top business priority in our industry, but at Better, it is core to our company. We're building a world-class customer service organization - one that combines highly effective processes and systems with a customer experience that people will rave about. We care deeply about our consumers and are dedicated to building an experience for them.
We are looking for someone to manage a team of Customer Experience Associates. The ideal candidate for this role has a proven track record and passion for creating fantastic customer experiences. Someone who knows what world-class customer service looks like, and who is itching to be the driving force behind an amazing customer success team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage team of 8-10 customer experience associates
- Provide leadership and direction to high-performance CX team
- Actively participate in fast paced hiring efforts
- Coach and uplevel customer experience associates
- Develop creative and innovative ways to improve team performance
- Manage and monitor performance metrics
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-centric role
- 1+ years of management experience
- A proven leader and mentor
- Highly empathetic and customer centric
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Strong bias-to-action, as well as a strong sense of practicality and effectiveness
- Highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
Bonus points for:
- Prior experience working at fast-growing start-up
- Active NMLS license
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don't get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won't work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don't understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can't wait to leave the conversation and build it.
Back to top