Vice President Brand Marketing and Creative
Best Made Co. is seeking a VP of Brand Marketing and Creative to join us on our journey. Best Made Co. inspires its customers with extraordinary storytelling in its stores, catalog and website. Our VP Brand Marketing and Creative will work directly with our Chief Executive Officer to imagine new adventures and bring them to life.
As the VP of Brand Marketing and Creative, reporting to the CEO, you will have a highly visible leadership role within the company and will be part of the Company’s core leadership team. You will be responsible for defining and implementing Best Made Co. marketing strategy to elevate brand awareness, increase consumer retention and loyalty, and drive profitable growth.
The VP of Brand Marketing and Creative will lead the development and execution of creative strategies for retail, catalog, digital/social, ecommerce and events. You will direct a high-performing design, marketing and creative team to produce compelling graphics, video, photography and other editorial content, on deadline and on budget. The ability to create and re-purpose content across a wide array of media is critical to success.
We are seeking a strong leader with a track record of building effective teams and driving sales, who is also highly collaborative. You should have diverse category experience, ideally including outdoor, fashion and/or lifestyle apparel and you must thrive in start-up environments, be a self-starter and have the desire to create business from the ground up.
Marketing and Brand Strategy
• Working closely with the CEO, direct the production of consistently excellent brand content that differentiates Best Made from its competitors and positions the company as the premier brand for adventure lifestyle.
• Collaborate with Chief Merchandising Officer and CEO to set creative strategies for brand and seasonal theme direction.
• Working with product and merchandising teams, develop integrated marketing campaigns to support sales goals.
Ensure marketing strategies are brand-elevating, customer-
relevant and effective in driving consumer loyalty and profitable
Work closely with director of performance marketing, art director and business managers of catalog and e-commerce to develop and implement campaigns that meet company goals for sales, new customer acquisition and other key metrics.
• Lead a high-functioning creative team to implement marketing strategy
and content creation.
Create compelling print, digital and video content.
Implement content across multiple channels: Catalog, website, retail point of sale, advertising, promotions, public relations, social media, email marketing, search marketing, and events.
• Identify and manage third party resources such as advertising vendors, freelancers and agencies. Communicate creative direction, and monitor translation, to creative team, business partners and outside agencies.
• Maintain marketing calendar and help the team prioritize multiple marketing requests.
Team Leadership & Management
• Establish effective cross-functional relationships, particularly
with merchandising, to generate results.
• Develop high performance marketing team and provide coaching
for emerging talent.
• Determine the most effective organization structure to support current and future needs.
• Facilitate the creative process and cultivate the creative abilities
• Manage marketing budgets effectively to derive maximum brand
and marketing lift from dollars invested in creative.
The Ideal Candidate:
• You have a minimum 10 years of relevant experience in online & offline brand marketing. You also have experience in a management role.
• You have experience with production of print/catalog, e-commerce, video production, social and digital content creation.
• You are extremely detail-oriented with a focus on delivering results
on time and on budget.
• You are an organized problem solver with strong project management capability.
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
See Inside the Office of Best Made Co
Best Made Co. brings superior-quality outdoor goods to its New York City shop and web store, empowering people to get out around the campfire. The company was started after founder Peter Buchanan-Smith saw a need for a better axe—not only as a lifeline to the wilderness, but as an inspiration for people to reconnect with their hands and nature. The brand has since expanded its offerings to include apparel, bags, tools, and home goods, and was named one of Ad Age's "Top Companies Creatives Will Give Up Their Freedom For."
Back to top