Retail Store Manager
Best Made Company is based in New York City and dedicated to empowering the people with tools and information to get back outside and around the campfire. Founded in 2009, we are a thriving team relentlessly committed to the pursuit of our “campfire” mission and the design and manufacturing of superior quality goods. We pride ourselves on our hands-on knowledge of our product, and bestow our customers with unprecedented support. Our working environment is fast paced, supportive, and forward thinking, and a key trait in all team members is the desire for inspired work.
The Retail Store Manager in Los Angeles will be responsible for leading the opening and on-going operations of Best Made Co’s most recent retail store addition in Los Angeles. This role will oversee, train, and lead a team of retail associates in the on-going operations of the company’s first west coast store. This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
• Set standard of excellent customer service on selling floor and through training of sales staff.
• Achieve sales goals, profit goals, and loss prevention objectives as identified on store annual budget
• Plan and coordinate effective communication with COO and sales staff.
• Plan timely and appropriate feedback/follow-up with COO as requested.
• Ensure staffing follows store budget and is adequate to maintain high level of customer service.
• Provide individualized coaching/development and counseling for all staff members, including annual performance evaluations.
• Provide strong leadership by creating a positive work environment.
• Maintain and support Best Made Co values and policies.
• Ensures store presentation is consistent with company standards.
Competencies… “You have..”
• Minimum 5 years in retail environment, with at least 2 years in retail management
• Refined communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
• Successful supervisory experience managing a retail sales staff.
• Understanding of inventory processes, merchandising and promotional techniques, and customer service standards.
• Ability to make sound business decisions.
• Ability to work extended daily and weekend hours.
See Inside the Office of Best Made Co
Best Made Co. brings superior-quality outdoor goods to its New York City shop and web store, empowering people to get out around the campfire. The company was started after founder Peter Buchanan-Smith saw a need for a better axe—not only as a lifeline to the wilderness, but as an inspiration for people to reconnect with their hands and nature. The brand has since expanded its offerings to include apparel, bags, tools, and home goods, and was named one of Ad Age's "Top Companies Creatives Will Give Up Their Freedom For."
Back to top