Human Resources Director
We are a brand that inspires and enables customers to get outside and embark on a life of meaningful experiences. We love to make things. We don’t just create beautiful product, but we also create content that tells captivating stories of our product. The world of Best Made is not possible however without the incredible people working to bring it to life. As we continue to rapidly grow we are seeking to hire a Director of Human Resources to identify, attract, and retain top talent to our team.
The Director of Human Resources will be a hands-on partner with the leadership team to implement and execute programs that drive employee recruitment, employee development and employee success. You will be an advocate for our company culture and our employees and will be responsible for managing compensation, benefits, recruiting, performance management, employee relations, safety and training.
You will be working closely and reporting directly to our Chief Operating Officer, and working with operational and creative staff in addition to external contributors.
• Provides hands-on human resources leadership to the organization that supports company culture and the employee experience. Works with top management to define human resources goals and objectives
• Coordinates and handles all aspects of the recruitment and selection process including job description creation, sourcing, screening and interviewing.
• Coordinates staff compensation activities; conducts job analysis, writes job descriptions, conducts salary surveys, reviews job classifications, administers compensation program.
• Develops and administers employee benefits and safety program, including workers compensation.
• Coordinates the development, revision and implementation
of performance management tools and training. Monitors the performance management system; guides managers in people development.
• Develops and implements staff training including; leadership training, new hire training and orientation, and on-going staff
training and development.
•Handles employee relations issues; provides coaching to employees
• Works closely with top management to assess and reduce legal risk and liability. Ensures compliance with all aspects of employment law. Keeps abreast of current and new legislation impacting human resource practices and takes appropriate action to communicate changes to executive, management, and department staff.
• Designs, implements and administers forms and systems to ensure accurate and complete employee data.
We are seeking an individual who is hands-on and has excellent interpersonal and communication skills. They need to thrive in an environment where they can influence and develop positive relationships at all levels of the organization, objectively meeting difficult situations in a professional manner. Strong organizational and problem-solving skills are a must.
Working generalist knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines, preferably in retail industry, including: recruiting, compensation, benefits, organizational development, employee relations, performance management, safety programs, and employ-ment laws. Must have a passion for building culture and strong relationships with all levels within an organization. Resourceful problem solver, who is self-motivated and demonstrates commitment to improvement with a high degree of discretion.
See Inside the Office of Best Made Co
Best Made Co. brings superior-quality outdoor goods to its New York City shop and web store, empowering people to get out around the campfire. The company was started after founder Peter Buchanan-Smith saw a need for a better axe—not only as a lifeline to the wilderness, but as an inspiration for people to reconnect with their hands and nature. The brand has since expanded its offerings to include apparel, bags, tools, and home goods, and was named one of Ad Age's "Top Companies Creatives Will Give Up Their Freedom For."
Back to top