- San Francisco, CA
Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
We’re looking for a Technical Recruiter to aggressively grow our engineering and product teams this year (and beyond)! This is a remarkable opportunity to build on an already strong recruiting foundation in a culture that truly understands the strategic value of recruiting. You'll build on and implement best practices, influence hiring leaders, integrating our values into the recruiting process, and execute on goals to scale exceptional technical talent organizations.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Help manifest Benchling's mission by identifying and hiring great engineering and product team members
- Partner closely with hiring managers to craft and deeply understand the organization’s needs and priorities
- Source candidates through a variety of channels while leveraging data to assess the efficacy of each channel and for each role
- Provide a high-touch service level to both our internal team and the external candidate pool Effectively select and partner with external talent organizations and tools to amplify your effectiveness
- Take a methodical and process-oriented approach to all tasks, whether mundane or mission-critical
- Act as candidates’ coach and advocate throughout the interview process
- Minimum of 3+ years of Technical Recruiting experience with a track record of recruiting and scaling high-performing Software Engineering and Product organizations
- The resourcefulness to turn a team’s needs into a targeted search, and ultimately, hire the best candidate for the job
- Demonstrated excellence and passion for each step of the recruiting process and candidate experience
- Experience recruiting for specialist and generalist roles sourced through a variety of channels
- Experience with an appreciation for proactive candidate cultivation and relationship building with passive candidates
- You possess an analytical mindset and are adept at leveraging data to inform decisions
- Natural intuition for what drives people and where they can most manifest their potential; you derive joy from helping people flourish personally and professionally
- Eagerness to recruit at all levels of experience, from recent college graduates to senior level leadership Infectious passion for impactful products and ambitious missions
- Preferred combination of experience recruiting in-house and in an agency setting
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- *$1,000 work-from-home stipend
We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top