Scientific Solutions Consultant
- San Francisco, CA
Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
- Lead consultation and technical demonstration during pre-sales account engagements.
- Develop deep knowledge of customers scientific workflow and data management; provide solutions consulting with excellent software knowledge and strong scientific insights.
- Gather voice-of-customer including lab configuration, user habits and data requirements, and evangelize internally for customers to influence the product innovation.
- Collaborate with account executives to develop business relationships with accounts and drive adoption increase.
- Participate in field marketing events and customer social activities.
- Master’s degree in life sciences or engineering, Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience with LIMS, ELN, or relevant scientific/informatics data management software preferred.
- Sophisticated customer facing skills, strong communication skills, and excellent consulting skills. Ability to empathize with a wide range of life sciences industry stakeholders including scientists, project leads and executives.
- Excellent information organizing skills; ability to accurately capture customer’s requirements and summarize into implementable directions.
- Previous pre-sales experience in life sciences industry, as Field Application Scientist or Solutions Consultant preferred.
- Highly self-motivated with can-do mentality; ability to work independently, as well as part of a larger team.
- Ability to travel at and above 50%.
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- *$1,000 work-from-home stipend
*In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations. To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000 upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top