Scientific Solutions Analyst
- Zurich, Switzerland
Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Become a Benchling product expert and support EMEA SSCs and AEs in a help-desk capacity. Provide quick turnaround addressing technical, application, data model and integration inquiries to AEs and SSCs, during business hours in EU time zone
- Manage the turn-around of pre-sales technical documents (e.g. RFI and RFP); update and maintain technical answer library, and coordinate completion of technical responses
- Develop best-practice solutions content in formats of videos, visuals and documents. Curate and manage SSC team’s digital resources.
- Support Benchling events and webinars in EMEA.
- Establish EMEA SSC team’s product and feature training process and documentation; coordinate incremental live training activities for new feature and product launches
- Master’s degree or higher in life sciences or engineering.
- Experience with LIMS, ELN, or relevant scientific/informatics data management software preferred.
- Understanding of IT procurement and security assessment preferred.
- Outstanding in information and documents organization. Strong communication skills, good customer facing and consulting skills.
- Highly self-motivated with can-do mentality; ability to work independently, as well as part of a larger team.
- Strong English language skills required, verbally and written. Additional language skills with German and French in scientific and technical communication preferred.
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- *$1,000 USD work-from-home stipend
*In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations. To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000 upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top