Product Marketing Manager
- San Francisco, CA
Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
We are looking for a passionate Product Marketing Manager who loves focusing on customers and creating dynamic visions for them.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Become an expert on Benchling and develop product positioning across customer segments and use cases
- Create amazing product marketing content including presentations, demos, and competitive positioning
- Partner with sales on building an effective sales process that showcases the strengths of Benchling
- Participate in sales deals to gather first-hand intelligence on customer needs and objections
- Deliver valuable tools to sales teams and run regular sales training sessions
- Field ad hoc content and support requests from the sales team
- Engage with customers on case studies and ROI analyses
- Develop product packaging and pricing
- Collaborate on marketing programs including events, webinars, and thought-leadership content
- Minimum 5+ years professional experience, ideally in product marketing roles within enterprise software, technology, or consulting companies
- At least a portion of that experience working within the biopharma industry, ideally aligned with the Research and Early Development function
- Outstanding ability to convey value proposition and insights drawing from prior industry experience and acquired familiarity with Benchling products and use cases
- Polished presenter with executive presence, can serve as trusted advisor to highly technical audience (research scientists, managers, executives)
- Sharp, analytical, and willing to question the status quo
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a dynamic, confident personality
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and wear multiple hats
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Experience in a Sales environment and interacting with customer teams preferred
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work directly with our customers across the world (domestic travel up to 30%, international travel up to 10%, when safe and acceptable to do so)
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- *$1,000 work-from-home stipend
*In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations. To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000 upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top