Product Manager, Infrastructure
- San Francisco, CA
Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. Benchling makes scientists’ lives much easier by centralizing all of their software and data, so they have one place to go for everything. Our core infrastructure is critical to this, as they power everything scientists do with the product, from core capabilities, to scaling while staying performant.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Benchmark, Menlo Ventures, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
Our infrastructure powers everything we do, from the basics of keeping the site up to running CRISPR algorithms over genomes. We’re looking for a Product Manager who will contribute to our infrastructure strategy.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partner with engineering and other product managers to build core infrastructure for their use, extend our infrastructure to meet the needs of our customers, and define plans to scale the performance of our infrastructure
- Work closely with our customers to understand how they’re using our product and what their core infrastructure needs there are.
- Define the infrastructure roadmap for Benchling.
- Incorporate security best practices into our infrastructure.
- Measure the impact of your work, define success metrics, track progress, and iterate on plans based on that data.
- Collect & summarize usage data for KPI and OKR tracking.
- Work with Engineering to plan, prioritize, and execute on launching new features rapidly.
WHO YOU ARE
- Have 5+ years as a Product Manager and/or Engineering Lead on technically complex infrastructure and/or platforms
- Are an expert in AWS infrastructure and security services
- Have deep technical experience with SaaS platforms
- Have a working knowledge of security best practices for SaaS software development and deployment
- Have a history of successfully partnering cross-functionally toward a common goal
- Are comfortable in a customer-facing role, including interfacing directly with highly technical stakeholders within customer organizations.
- Possess an intense desire to understand, question, and improve the experiences for users of software products
- Are excellent at listening to others and articulating ideas in written and oral form
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- *$1,000 work-from-home stipend
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
*To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000 upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top