Product Manager, GxP and Compliance
- San Francisco, CA
Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to build software that accelerates this research to propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use the Benchling SaaS application in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. Benchling makes scientists’ lives much easier by centralizing all of their software and data, so they have one place to go for everything. We’re evolving our product to address the GxP good practice guidelines, which enables us to address use-cases across the life sciences lifecycle from research to development to manufacturing.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Benchmark, Menlo Ventures, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
Bringing scientists’ cutting-edge science to market requires software that meets the quality guidelines to ensure it is safe and meets its intended use. We’re looking for a Product leader who will drive and evolve Benchling for GxP use-cases for our Benchling Validated Cloud product. Benchling Validated Cloud accelerates how our customers bring their science to market.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to strategically plan for and execute on product roadmaps that enable GxP validation across Benchling’s application capabilities
- Work with Benchling Product Marketing to create materials that enable our Sales, Marketing, and Customer Experience teams to sell, market, and support Benchling Validated Cloud
- Partner closely with our customers to understand their validation and quality needs
- Evangelize and be a GxP subject matter expert for the company
- Measure the impact of your work by defining success metrics, tracking progress, and iterating your plans based on that data
WHO YOU ARE
- Have 5+ years working in product management on enterprise or life sciences SaaS products
- Have experience with life sciences GxP software validation or other compliance standards for heavily regulated industries such financial services, legal / professional services, or government
- A strong problem solver that can gather, prioritize, and drive execution on customer and business requirements, turning them into successful product strategies
- Deeply execution focused and can drive a cross-functional team to a common goal
- Possess influential leadership and interpersonal skills that enable you to build strong relationships with customers, your reports, company peers, and executives
- While not required, experience working with external cloud software validation firms and/or direct audit room experience would be helpful in the role
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
OUR LEADERSHIP PRINCIPLES
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- *$1,000 USD work-from-home stipend
*In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations. To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000 upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top