Product Manager, GxP
- San Francisco, CA
Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. Benchling makes scientists’ lives much easier by centralizing all of their software and data, so they have one place to go for everything. We’re evolving our product to address use-cases in early development and manufacturing. This is encompassed by the GxP good practice guidelines, which enable us to address use-cases across the life sciences R&D lifecycle.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Benchmark, Menlo Ventures, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
Bringing scientists’ cutting-edge science to market requires software that meets the quality guidelines to ensure it is safe and meets its intended use. We’re looking for a Product leader who will drive and evolve Benchling for GxP use-cases. This will accelerate how our customers bring their science to market.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to strategically plan for and execute on product roadmaps that enable GxP validation across Benchling’s products
- Partner closely with our customers’ R&D and Quality stakeholders to understand their needs
- Help create materials to enable our Sales, Marketing, and Customer Experience teams to sell, market, and support Benchling in GxP use-cases
- Evangelize and be a GxP product subject matter expert for the company
- Measure the impact of your work by defining success metrics, tracking progress, and iterating on plans based on that data
- While not required, experience working with external cloud software validation firms and/or direct audit room experience would be greatly helpful in the role
WHO YOU ARE
- Have 5+ years working in product roles, ideally on life sciences SaaS products
- Are a domain expert with experience in GLP, GMP, and/or GCP software validation; experience with other regulatory compliance standards is also helpful
- A strong problem solver that can gather, prioritize, and drive execution on customer and business requirements, turning them into successful product strategies
- Deeply execution focused and can drive a cross-functional team to a common goal
- Possess influential leadership and interpersonal skills that enable you to build strong relationships with customers, your reports, company peers, and executives
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- *$1,000 work-from-home stipend
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
*To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000 upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top