- San Francisco, CA
Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling’s applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanity’s most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world’s most renowned research institutes.
We're looking for product managers who crave owning complex products end-to-end that have huge business impact, and are eager to help drive the biotech revolution.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Develop strategy and roadmap for products that are both highly technical and elegantly supportive of complex user workflows
- Work with Engineering to plan, prioritize, and execute on launching new features rapidly
- Work closely with our customers to understand how they’re using our product, their needs, and pain points
- Partner with our Customer Experience org to enable complex rollouts at our customers
- Develop pitches with Sales and Marketing that resonate in a market that's rapidly evolving
- Have 3+ years as a Product Manager or related experience on workflow, analytics, or other technically complex enterprise products
- Possess an intense desire to understand, question, and improve the experiences for users of software products
- A strong problem solver that can gather, prioritize, and drive execution on customer and business requirements, turning them into successful product strategies
- Are comfortable in a customer-facing role, including interfacing directly with highly technical stakeholders within customer organizations
- Are data-influenced, and can identify new opportunities and provide sound reasoning for strategy decisions from that data
- Are excellent at listening to others and articulating ideas in written and oral form
- Possess influential leadership and interpersonal skills that enable you to build strong relationships with customers, your reports, company peers, and executives
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Quarterly mental health days
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top