Implementation Consultant - East
- Boston, MA
Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is building a world-class Professional Services team to drive implementations for our rapidly expanding customer base. Implementation Consultants work with our customers, from small Biotech startups to the largest BioPharmas in the world to develop a deep understanding of their R&D Processes and implement Benchling solutions to meet their needs.
You will leverage your scientific background, project management skills, and product expertise to support successful implementations of the Benchling platform. Implementation Consultants work independently, as well as part of an implementation team who is responsible for all aspects of customer rollouts from requirements analysis and solution design, to configurations, testing, training, and onboarding users onto the system. You will work hand in hand with the research scientists at our customers, and teams throughout Benchling to implement our solutions, and ensure our customers are successful.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Support Benchling implementations leveraging strong project management skills, scientific expertise, and product knowledge. Own workstreams within large implementations, and lead smaller projects end to end.
- Work as part of an implementation team, owning project activities and deliverables for multiple concurrent implementations.
- Participate in requirements and design workshops, perform data modeling & application configuration, develop test plans and guide UAT execution, onboard and train users.
- Understand and document customers' scientific workflows to determine how Benchling can best meet their key business needs.
- Act as a trusted advisor for customers, guiding them through the implementation ensuring they leverage and apply Benchling Best Practices.
- Understand and document customer pain points, advocate for them internally to influence product changes.
- Develop and optimize enterprise training programs including written and video collateral.
- BA/BS or M.Sc. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or similar field.
- At least 2 years of experience in a lab or research setting. You must be able to empathize with scientists and quickly understand complicated scientific concepts.
- At least 1 year of prior Software Implementation or Client Services experience, preferably with a SaaS software company.
- Strong communication skills. You must be able to quickly and effectively connect with a range of stakeholders, including scientists, IT project leads, and executives.
- Self-starter with the ability to be successful in a startup environment.
- Curious, creative, and tenacious. You should be excited to collaborate with customers and other Benchling teammates as a thought partner.
- Ability to travel up to 25% based on customer and project needs.
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- *$1,000 work-from-home stipend
*In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations. To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000 upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top