- San Francisco, CA
Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is looking for an energetic and self-motivated individual to provide executive administrative support to our Founders. In this role, you will be supporting two founding executives, the CEO and the President - handling a wide range of complex and highly confidential duties. This role requires excellent calendaring and prioritization skills, attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple critical requests at the same time. While administrative support duties will be part of your role, you will also be the main point of delegation for a variety of tasks from our CEO and President, including but not limited to - preparing presentations, crafting highly sensitive communication for internal and/or external audiences, compiling reports and/or actively managing the founders’ time.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Perform extensive calendar management and travel planning for internal and external meetings.
- Prepare domestic & international travel arrangements, itineraries, and timely filing of expenses.
- Manage all types of daily correspondence to ensure professional, accurate, and timely responses and appropriate prioritization.
- Work independently and within a team on non-recurring and ongoing projects at the request of the CEO and President, which may include planning and coordinating presentations and disseminating information.
- Plan and execute company events, meetings, off-sites, and other special functions.
- Attend key meetings in order to track and help drive completion of key deliverables, and follow up on outstanding items.
- Draft and manage correspondence and communications on behalf of the executive, as appropriate.
- Build and mentor a team of Executive Assistants.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of C-Level Executive Assistant experience, at a startup, or tech company.
- Experience leading or mentoring a team is highly desirable.
- Polished and professional communication skills, both spoken and written. Must be able to represent Benchling and communicate with a variety of people, including entrepreneurs, existing and prospective investors and service providers.
- Highly proficient computer skills in Google suite, Excel, Slack, Quip, and similar workflows.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and follow-up skills as well as the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities while working under little supervision.
- Interest or background in tech and/or life sciences is a plus!
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- *$1,000 work-from-home stipend
*In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations. To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000 upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top