Enterprise Account Executive
Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling’s mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
- Development and execution of strategic account management plans for assigned accounts
- Consistent attainment of all revenue and booking targets within assigned territory
- Representing Benchling in a manner consistent with company business principles and ethics
- Coordination of resources within sales and other departments in order to achieve objectives
- Maintaining and updating account and opportunity data within company systems as directed, including Salesforce.com
- Bachelor's degree required
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of successful software and services sales experience
- Strong knowledge of life sciences industry, including: R&D, and IT functions
- Demonstrated consistent track record of being a trusted advisor within large accounts
- Ability to leverage a consultative approach to drive positive outcomes for clients
- Demonstrated consistent track record in exceeding sales and related account targets
- Ability to gain executive credibility, understand organizational political dynamics and competitive awareness
- Demonstrated consistent tenacity and drive to achieve goals
- Strong business planning and organizational skills
- Strong application software experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success with process approached selling
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- *$1,000 work-from-home stipend
*To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000 upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top