Customer Success Specialist - Zurich
- Zurich, Switzerland
Over the next 10 years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy will dramatically change how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials will transform the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology will produce sustainable and ethical food. Benchling's mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this future, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Benchling was founded by a team of MIT graduates and has raised funding from Benchmark, Andreessen Horowitz, Thrive Capital, and Y Combinator. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
Benchling is building a world-class Customer Experience organization to drive the adoption of our solutions across our rapidly growing customer base. The Customer Success Specialist plays a key role on the team supporting both our Customer Success and Implementation teams, as well as directly supporting our customers as they leverage Benchling to transform how their research teams work together.
To be successful in this role, you must have the ability to quickly develop a deep understanding of our products, our customers, their science, and their R&D processes. You will leverage this knowledge to build and nurture relationships with our users, and ensure they get the most out of their Benchling investments.
You will be the first line contact to inbound product questions and issues from our academic and enterprise users, and work with teams throughout Benchling to ensure they are followed through to resolution. Your work will vary from day to day from interfacing via chat or email with a user to solve a problem, to going onsite with the Implementation Team to support testing, to working with the Training team to develop new materials, to updating FAQs and working with the Product Marketing team as we roll out new features.
If you are passionate about Life Sciences, looking for an opportunity to join a cutting edge software company who is enabling transformational changes in R&D processes, and willing to roll up your sleeves and do what ever it takes to make our customers and users successful, this is the role for you.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Develop deep knowledge of our products and our customers, including industry segments, the types of research they perform, and how their science is performed in Benchling
- Be the first line contact for customer questions and issues, work with the appropriate internal teams (e.g. engineering, product management, customer success), to solve problems and manage them through to resolution
- Provide strong written documentation for a variety of user communications including direct user questions, internal research, FAQ/knowledge content, and others
- Partner with our Training team to develop and optimize training programs including web-based and video collateral
- Support the Customer Success and Professional Services teams in a wide variety of user facing activities
- BS or M.Sc. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or similar life science field, required.
- 1-2 years experience in a lab or research setting is highly recommended. You must be able to quickly understand complicated scientific concepts and empathize with scientists.
- Excellent communicator who can quickly connect with a range of stakeholders from academics, to industry scientists, to project leads.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience developing various forms of content and presentations.
- You must be a self-starter who is autonomous and proactive, with the ability to be successful in a fast paced startup environment with sometimes ambiguous situations.
- You must be curious, creative, and tenacious. You will be an advocate for customers, and must be willing to roll up your sleeves and do the hard and sometimes unglamorous work required to make them successful.
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- *$1,000 USD work-from-home stipend
*In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations. To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000 upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top