Customer Success Manager - East
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchling in their efforts to solve humanity's most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research.
Our Customer Success Management (CSM) team works alongside our Professional Services, Product, and Sales teams to help customers maximize the value of their Benchling investments. CSMs will work directly with our customers, and develop strategies and tactics to drive adoption, promote usage of new features, recommend best practices, and ensure there is ongoing expansion of Benchling within our customer base. CSMs will know how to identify areas of improvement, and how to work with customers and internal teams to drive progress on customer initiatives.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders at our customer’s organizations
- Define and implement customer lifecycle touch points, including business reviews, customer sat surveys, reference programs, case studies, and others
- Develop programs to drive adoption and retention of Benchling’s solutions
- Create goals, action plans, playbooks, and key metrics based on each customer’s objectives, and review progress on a regular basis with the customer and with CS leadership
- Demonstrate and promote the latest features and capabilities Benchling is releasing, ensure customers are utilizing key product features to maximize success
- Identify client challenges and risk areas, develop solutions, and execute proactively to avoid churn, collaborating with other Benchling teams including Support, Services, Product, and Sales, as required
- Align and collaborate with Sales on renewal forecasts and up-sell strategies, with a focus on customer retention
- Lead strategic, cross-functional initiatives such as customer journey mapping, voice-of-customer, and product feedback sessions to drive a seamless customer experience and foster a company-wide culture of Customer Success
- Partner with Solutions Consulting and Product Marketing to determine how to define, drive, and demonstrate customer ROI
- Must have a BS or M.Sc. in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biotechnology, Bioengineering or similar Life Science field with 2+ years experience in Life Sciences, ideally in a lab or research setting.
- 5+ years of Customer Success, Professional Services, or Consulting experience in a SaaS software environment with the ability to forge relationships with users, decision makers, and influential stakeholders
- Deep understanding of Life Sciences R&D processes and scientific concepts. Must be able to immediately interface and build trust with Scientists, as well as Director & VP Level Business and IT leaders in top-20 Biotech and Pharma companies.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to influence without authority, hands on enterprise implementation experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate confidently and concisely in verbal, written and presentation formats to all types of audiences
- Self-motivated, independent, adaptable, and can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to travel 20-30% based on customer needs
- Empower through information. We explain the “why” behind every decision, unless there are highly sensitive circumstances. We're honest about how we're doing, especially in difficult times. We believe that sharing information builds trust and enables better decision-making.
- Rely on tenacity. Hard work is one of the greatest factors to determine success and is fully under our control. We must make the most of every day by bringing the highest level of determination. Dreaming big is not enough.
- Raise the bar. Pushing ourselves and others to improve will be uncomfortable and at times result in failure. However, it's critical to our success. We're dedicated to creating a place where everyone feels challenged to improve.
- Build a lever. We choose to build tools and infrastructure that will help others make world-changing innovations. There's less glory in it, but in the words of Archimedes, "Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Monthly health & wellness stipend
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- *$1,000 work-from-home stipend
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
*To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000 upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top