Product Development Technician
Do you enjoy doing hands on lab testing and analysis? At Bemis, we see a world of endless possibility. We thrive on making the impossible, possible, and have fun as a team making it happen! For over 100 years Bemis has partnered with the world's greatest brands to make their dreams a reality. Become part of a winning team that continuously strives to be the industry leader in innovation. A leading manufacturer of heat activated films, adhesives, water proofing seam tapes, and custom films for many industries including apparel, consumer electronics, and handbags, Bemis Associates is seeking a hands-on individual to join our Product Development team in the position of Product Development Technician.
Reporting to the Manager of Product Development Technicians, this position will be responsible for providing technical support for customers technical inquiries, projects and other development initiatives by creating and conducting appropriate testing on lab samples, operating all necessary lab equipment, and providing accurate and timely reporting of test results.
How you can contribute:
- Put your technical skills to the test, handling customer technical service requests.
- Analyze test results and make recommendation on best product and processing for the applications.
- Support on and off-site customer visits with demonstrations of equipment and product applications.
- Work in a fast-paced environment; providing quick responses to technical requests and developing innovative customer solutions.
- Work in a state of the art product development lab with a global and dynamic team.
- Learn Bemis product and application and develop the ability to generate ideas based on experience.
What you need:
- Associate Degree in a technical preferred
- 1-5 years of professional work experience in laboratory environment, preferably with experience in chemical or adhesive industries.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Must be willing to travel.
At Bemis, our success is driven by our innovative, hardworking, and passionate employees. We enjoy working within a casual, dynamic, and team oriented environment. Bemis Associates is conveniently located in Shirley, MA and is an exceptional location for those that enjoy a traffic-free commute, picturesque countryside, and small town feel, yet still be within minutes of a major city.
Be part of a global team! You will have the opportunity to experience our exceptional compensation and benefits packages. Bemis Associates is a global company heavily focused on long-term goals, teamwork, reinvesting in the business, ecofriendly products, and social responsibility.
Meet Some of Bemis's Employees
Associate Product Line Manager
Amy manages the development cycle of new products, from concept to product launch, as part of Bemis' Product Marketing Group, monitoring and analyzing market trends to ensure Bemis stays competitive.
Back to top