Do you have process engineering experience at production workshop? Do you have passion to solve problems? At Bemis we see a world of endless possibility; we thrive on making the impossible, possible, and have fun as a team making it happen! For over 100 years Bemis has partnered with the world's greatest brands to make their dreams a reality. Become part of a winning team that continuously strives to be the industry leader in innovation. A leading manufacturer of heat activated films, adhesives, water proofing seam tapes, and custom films for many industries including apparel, consumer electronics, and handbags, Bemis is seeking a hands on and organized individual to join our team in the position of Process Engineer.
As a Process Engineer, you will be responsible for developing the manufacturing processes and standard operating procedures for all new equipment or new products manufactured on existing equipment.
How you can contribute:
- Effectively work with Product Development, Manufacturing and New Manufacturing Capability teams to identify and implement changes needed to introduce products to market efficiently.
- Develop standard operating procedures for all new equipment or new products manufactured on existing equipment.
- Develop processing and quality specifications of new products through manufacturing trials to develop a product/process that is repeatable, exceeds manufacturing targets, and meets the expectation of the application.
- Reduce cost to manufacture products through improved design, execution, and documentation of process improvements.
- Participate in CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) process.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts for all work centers within the value stream and develop process to eliminate reoccurrence.
- Develop and complete corrective actions utilizing root cause analysis.
- Drive Lean Manufacturing initiatives to eliminate waste in value streams.
- Ensure accuracy of new product requests and Bill of Materials.
- Complete additional responsibilities as assigned.
What you need:
- A bachelor degree preferably in Mechanical or Plastics Engineering.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience as Process Engineer, experience working in an ISO certified company is preferred.
- Demonstrate analytical capabilities and managing through influence skills.
- Lean Manufacturing experience; green belt certification preferred.
- Excellent skills with MS Office and ERP system.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Mandarin with the proven ability to interact with all levels of the organization, external vendors and customers.
- Travel up to 20% may be required.
At Bemis, our success is driven by our global, innovative, hardworking, and passionate team of employees. Our state of the art Bemis office is conveniently located in the heart of Hong Kong and provides an ideal environment for those that foster a flexible and collaborative work style.
Be part of a global team! You will have the opportunity to experience our exceptional compensation and benefits packages. Bemis is a global company heavily focused on long term goals, teamwork, reinvesting in the business, ecofriendly products, and social responsibility.
Meet Some of Bemis's Employees
Associate Product Line Manager
Amy manages the development cycle of new products, from concept to product launch, as part of Bemis' Product Marketing Group, monitoring and analyzing market trends to ensure Bemis stays competitive.
Back to top