Laboratory Specialist – Industrial
Laboratory Specialist – Industrial
Do you have testing experience in laboratory? Do you have passion to solve problems? At Bemis we see a world of endless possibility; we thrive on making the impossible, possible, and have fun as a team making it happen! For over 100 years Bemis has partnered with the world's greatest brands to make their dreams a reality. Become part of a winning team that continuously strives to be the industry leader in innovation. A leading manufacturer of heat activated films, adhesives, water proofing seam tapes, and custom films for many industries including apparel, consumer electronics, and handbags, Bemis is seeking a hands on and organized individual to join our team in the position of Laboratory Specialist – Industrial.
As a Laboratory Specialist – Industrial, you will be responsible for providing technical support to Industrial market by conducting lab testing of customer substrates, operating all necessary lab equipment and providing accurate & timely reporting of test results. You will also be handling innovative application projects to adapt Sewfree technology in Industrial market and occasionally providing onsite support and training at customer locations around Asia.
How you can contribute:
- Handle existing/prospect customer technical service requests efficiently.
- Analyze technical data and prepare timely/accurate reports along with product recommendations.
- Provide/communicate technical ideas and test results in a clear and organized manner.
- Gather customer project details as it relates to each technical service request.
- Recommend fabrication methods to help customers use Sewfree in their product line and wherever possible replace alternative adhesives with Bemis, i.e. liquid glue, PSAs, etc.
- Proactive follow up on-site product trials based off lab test recommendations.
- Support on and off-site customer visits including:
o Product training
o Equipment demonstration
o Process applications development
- Participate, as necessary, in Bemis product development and applications projects, working as a technical resource for the project.
- Collaborate with US headquarter and other Asia technical team members to create a technical knowledge database.
- Due to the dynamic nature of Industrial market, the role and responsibilities of this position may change as needed to align with evolving company strategic directives.
What you need:
- Bachelor's degree in material science, textile, engineering or manufacturing related disciplines.
- 3-5 years of experience in laboratory environment or onsite engineering. With prototype making experience is an advantage.
- Great command in spoken/written English and Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin).
- Pro-active and independent to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A global team player with strong organizational skills, especially interpersonal & communication skills.
- Able to learn new concepts quickly; strong analytical skills and attention to details.
- Intermediate ability in MS Office suite: PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel & Word.
- Flexibility in terms of reasonable working hour changes to cater for necessary internal/external communication across global time zones.
- Able to travel within/outside Hong Kong as needed, some travels in Asia may be required.
At Bemis, our success is driven by our global, innovative, hardworking, and passionate team of employees. Our state of the art Bemis office is conveniently located in the heart of Hong Kong and provides an ideal environment for those that foster a flexible and collaborative work style.
Be part of a global team! You will have the opportunity to experience our exceptional compensation and benefits packages. Bemis is a global company heavily focused on long term goals, teamwork, reinvesting in the business, ecofriendly products, and social responsibility.
If you are interested in joining the Bemis team, please visit our career center at www.bemisworldwide.com/careers to apply.
Meet Some of Bemis's Employees
Associate Product Line Manager
Amy manages the development cycle of new products, from concept to product launch, as part of Bemis' Product Marketing Group, monitoring and analyzing market trends to ensure Bemis stays competitive.
Back to top