Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
Do you have human resources operation experience? Do you have passion to solve problems? At Bemis we see a world of endless possibility; we thrive on making the impossible, possible, and have fun as a team making it happen! For over 100 years Bemis has partnered with the world's greatest brands to make their dreams a reality. Become part of a winning team that continuously strives to be the industry leader in innovation. A leading manufacturer of heat activated films, adhesives, water proofing seam tapes, and custom films for many industries including apparel, consumer electronics, and handbags, Bemis is seeking a hands on and organized individual to join our team in the position of Human Resources Generalist.
As a Human Resources Generalist, you will be reporting to Organizational Development Manager and playing a key role in tactically supporting and executing Bemis Talent Acquisition, Performance Management & Talent Development strategies. This role will be responsible for partnering with all teams of Bemis Hong Kong & Asia to identify business needs that result in additional human resources needs and/or competency gaps, and executing creative/targeted hiring and people development efforts to help growing the people of Bemis.
How you can contribute:
- Assist all teams in manpower planning and headcount budget.
- Study/recommend organization structure for improving work efficiency and effectiveness and follow up relevant employee movements.
- Work closely with all teams to understand the talent demand and identify the selection criteria.
- Undertake job analysis / job description evaluation and provide advice on work organization and job design. Ensure that job descriptions of all positions are kept up-to-date.
- Collect market information to analyze talent/labor markets to ensure best practices in recruitment activities and cost effectiveness in recruitment & selection process.
- Assist to develop selection tools/techniques and train relevant hiring managers and staff to improve the assessment effectiveness.
- Maintain effective candidate pool to locate and attract talents efficiently.
- Build up Bemis's branding as choice of employer.
- Play key role in new employee onboarding process incl. new employee orientation program and disseminate corporate culture and values.
- Perform exit interviews, analyze and report staff turnover rate & reasons.
- Timely review policies/standard operation procedures for recruitment & selection, performance management and talent development related issues and support the implementation.
- Assist to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of effectiveness of performance management and talent development processes/system.
- Assist all teams in conducting performance management and talent development in a constructive way, and to use them as the tools for staff training and career development.
- Implement performance management incl. the processes of goal plan setting, performance review, employee recognition/instant reward, performance improvement plan and disciplinary actions etc.
- Implement training policies and monitor training budgets. Identify training needs, make/facilitate staff training plan, execute training activities and conduct training evaluation to ensure effectiveness of training.
- Study training and development needs from all teams, recommend relevant and appropriate internal and/or external training and development methodologies.
- Maintain HRIS such as ADP, Cornerstone/CONNECT ensuring the data quality and data integration among various HR systems, p-files and records.
- Ensure that HR services and policies are executed in efficient & effective way and in compliance with legal requirements and corporate standards.
- Consolidate reports subject to both monthly routine and ad-hoc requests.
What you need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration.
- Around 7 years Human Resources operational experience for Hong Kong & Asian offices. Experience in multi-national companies with manufacturing/production line is preferred.
- Competent Human Resources tactical skills to support recruitment, performance management and talent development.
- Demonstrate strong planning, organizing, leading and control of responsible tasks with creative problem solving approach.
- Excellent analytical, influencing, motivating, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent listening/written/spoken English and Mandarin.
- Strong HR knowledge for employment ordinances of Hong Kong. With some HR knowledge for employment ordinances of Taiwan and Vietnam is an advantage.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player with "can-do" work attitudes.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc:
- Demonstrated mastery of MS Office (MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Sound knowledge in using HRIS system and other office technologies.
At Bemis, our success is driven by our global, innovative, hardworking and passionate team of employees. Our state of the art Bemis office is conveniently located in the heart of Hong Kong and provides an ideal environment for those that foster a flexible and collaborative work style.
Be part of a global team! You will have the opportunity to experience our exceptional compensation and benefits packages. Bemis is a global company heavily focused on long term goals, teamwork, reinvesting in the business, ecofriendly products, and social responsibility.
Meet Some of Bemis's Employees
Associate Product Line Manager
Amy manages the development cycle of new products, from concept to product launch, as part of Bemis' Product Marketing Group, monitoring and analyzing market trends to ensure Bemis stays competitive.
Back to top