Global Sustainability Officer
At Bemis we see a world of endless possibility; we thrive on making the impossible, possible, and have fun as a team making it happen! For over 100 years Bemis has partnered with the world's greatest brands to make their dreams a reality. Become part of a winning team that continuously strives to be the industry leader in innovation. A leading manufacturer of heat activated films, adhesives, water proofing seam tapes, and custom films for many industries including apparel, consumer electronics, and handbags, Bemis Associates is seeking an energetic and self-motivated individual to join our team in the position of Global Sustainability Officer.
The Global Sustainability Officer will lead the development and execution of the implementation of Bemis's supply chain, brand (corporate), and product sustainability initiatives, and ensure Bemis's sustainability efforts enhance business performance and support our long-term interests.
How you can contribute:
- Establish the company's long-term sustainability vision, mission, and operating principles, and develop a high-level strategy to support it
- Collaborate across departments to develop a cross-functionally coordinated sustainability plan
- Build sustainability principles into short- and long-range business planning, capital planning, and operations planning
- Foster a culture of sustainability through ongoing organizational communications and education
- Head up compliance testing at Bemis
- Evaluate and improve on the current process for OEKO-TEX®, bluesign®, REACH, CPSIA, brand RSL's
- Work globally to complete compliance testing of products as required
- Serve as leader and subject matter expert for sustainability
- Track business trends in selected market segments through data analysis
- Meet with agencies relating to the company's statements of position on sustainability matters
- Work closely with Brand Marketing on all external communication
- Assess the Company's current sustainability performance
- Collaborate with our key brands and markets to ensure alignment with their strategic direction
- BA/BS degree or equivalent ideally in Environmental Management or Environmental Economics
- 7-10 years of corporate responsibility/ sustainability experience including leadership, strategic risk management, training, monitoring, program management in a manufacturing, apparel, or textile industry
- Proven experience in setting and/or contributing in top level sustainability program strategy and managing tactical plans to support key initiatives
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including SharePoint
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal, problem-solving, and analysis skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to interact professionally with customers
- Social and Environmental Responsibility in the Supply Chain: Setting vision and strategy, going beyond monitoring and Tier 1 suppliers, training/education development & execution, brand program & project management
- Exhibit sounds judgment and professionalism in all situations
- Ability to differentiate between conflicting priorities to identify underlying causes
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assess priorities effectively
- Ability to travel up to 25% including international
At Bemis, our success is driven by our innovative, hardworking, and passionate employees. We enjoy working within a casual, dynamic, and team oriented environment.
Be part of a global team! You will have the opportunity to experience our exceptional compensation and benefits packages. Bemis Associates is a global company heavily focused on long term goals, teamwork, reinvesting in the business, ecofriendly products, and social responsibility.
CompetencyCompetency Equals Achievement Orientation Level 3Rating Greater Than or Equal 75%
Meet Some of Bemis's Employees
Associate Product Line Manager
Amy manages the development cycle of new products, from concept to product launch, as part of Bemis' Product Marketing Group, monitoring and analyzing market trends to ensure Bemis stays competitive.
Back to top