Apparel Applications Developer
Do have garment construction experience? Are you motivated by solving problems and driving innovative solutions? At Bemis we see a world of endless possibility; we thrive on making the impossible, possible, and have fun as a team making it happen! For over 100 years Bemis has partnered with the world's greatest brands to make their dreams a reality. Become part of a winning team that continuously strives to be the industry leader in innovation. Bemis Associates, a leading manufacturer of heat activated films, adhesives, water proofing seam tapes, and custom films for many industries including apparel, consumer electronics, and handbags is seeking an energetic and hands-on individual to join our Footwear & Apparel Team in the position of Apparel Applications Developer.
Reporting to the Brand Sales Director in Portland, OR, the Apparel Applications Developer, will provide hands on support as it pertains to the creation and troubleshooting in support of key apparel accounts. This position will also support customers through on site presentations,& field service - creating and conducting appropriate testing on lab samples, operating lab equipment, and providing accurate and timely reporting of test results.
How you can contribute:
- Put your technical skills to the test, in supporting apparel application projects for key customer accounts.
- Become the subject matter expert as it pertains to assembly techniques, processes and constructing prototypes to showcase Bemis product and performance.
- Lead technical application trainings at Open Houses and Tradeshows.
- Analyze test results and make recommendation on best product and processing for the applications.
- Develop innovative process and application solutions for key customer accounts.
- Support on and off site customer visits with demonstrations of equipment and product applications.
- Work in a fast paced environment; providing quick responses to technical requests and developing innovative customer solutions.
- Work in a state of the art product development lab with a global and dynamic team.
- Learn Bemis product and application and develop the ability to generate ideas based on experience.
What you need:
- 5+ years of apparel related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills related to operating Sewfree machinery, sewing skills, fitting and pattern making
- Must possess garment assembly knowledge.
- Self-starter with excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Good written and oral interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%.
At Bemis, our success is driven by our innovative, hardworking, and passionate employees. We enjoy working within a casual, dynamic, and team oriented environment.
Be part of a global team! You will have the opportunity to experience our exceptional compensation and benefits packages. Bemis Associates is a global company heavily focused on long term goals, teamwork, reinvesting in the business, ecofriendly products, and social responsibility.
Meet Some of Bemis's Employees
Associate Product Line Manager
Amy manages the development cycle of new products, from concept to product launch, as part of Bemis' Product Marketing Group, monitoring and analyzing market trends to ensure Bemis stays competitive.
Back to top