Working at Belly is not a job. It’s a career game changer.
We want you.
But who are you?
As a Data Scientist, you are passionate about data and building great software products. You have strong critical thinking abilities and are not scared of abstract problems that require deep exploration and evaluation of large data sets. You are interested in large-volume data and are willing to learn to use our cutting-edge infrastructural tools and platforms. Above all, you are comfortable looking at user experiences and products through an analytical lens, identifying the desired outcome for Belly's users and developing data-driven models to solve for that outcome.
At Belly, data is foundational to our business strategy. Belly's Merchants and Members are the lifeblood of the company and the primary connection between our users and us is Belly's software. We strive to create consistent, engaging and transformative products that deliver the best experience possible to each of our users. Everything we build is measured and evaluated against prior releases and other products to make sure that we're getting better with each new build.
At Belly you would work with the Data Team, a part of the larger engineering organization that has cross-functional responsibilities within all operational teams at Belly. The Data Team serves as the front line for big decisions dealing with Belly's technology, marketing and product strategy, often operating on tight deadlines and in situations where there is very little room for error.
The ideal candidate is solution-oriented, analytical, and willing to learn and adapt as our business grows.
What you will do:
- Writing data queries in multiple SQL dialects to build large-scale data sets
- Aggregate data and prepare clear, concise recommendations to shape product performance and engineering direction
- Analyze and build visualizations for huge data sets to monitor ongoing performance of products touching millions of users each month
- Design experiments to drive A/B and multivariate testing models that predict the outcome of future product changes
- Work with software engineers to identify desired user flows or conversion outcomes and build models to evaluate products versus those events
What you need:
- Undergraduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, a quantitatively-focused major, or equivalent professional experience in an quantitative role
- Experience with spreadsheet software (Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, etc)
- Work or internship experience with analyzing data and making recommendations in technology, consulting, or financial verticals
- Strong organizational and time management skills to take projects from beginning-to-end
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Experience with statistical software (Python, R, Matlab, SPSS, etc.)
- Experience with query-writing in SQL
Belly is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Back to top